Previous | Next | Contents
Working with Card Repositories
Creating a New Card Repository
This page is a guide on how to replace an existing card repository with a new one. The creation of a card repository right after installing the application is described in the Quick Start Guide.
- Select File > New Card Repository...
- Decide whether you wish to keep or delete the present card repository. If it contains information you need, select the Make backup check box. Note that if you don't create a backup, the current card repository will be deleted, and you won't be able to recover it.
To access the current repository in the Finder, click the Reveal in Finder button.
- Click the Continue button.
- Type in your password into the two boxes. This will be the master password that gives you access to the information you store in Concealer. Passwords shorter than eight symbols are not considered safe enough. The program asks you to input the master password each time it starts unless you select the Remember in Keychain check box (not recommended).
Type in your password hint.
- If you wish to store the password in Keychain, select the Remember in Keychain check box. Note that this is not safe. If you log in to your user account on your computer, anybody will be able to access the data stored in Concealer. It is recommended that you do not use Keychain for the master password.
- Click Setup.
To open a repository you have backed up, select File > Change Card Repository...
Previous | Next | Top | Contents