Previous | Next | Contents > Getting Started
Creating an Envelope from Scratch
- Choose File > New Envelope (Cmd-Opt-N) in the menu bar.
- Choose an envelope size.
Select File > Change Layout in the menu. In the dialog that comes up, choose the envelope size by clicking on its name. Use the search box to find an envelope by its manufacturer part number.
- Add an address panel for the recipient.
Click the Insert Address Panel toolbar button.
A blank address panel appears on the canvas.
A new address panel displays the data field names (3 and 5 in the picture) until they are populated with information. New address panels are by default for recipient addresses.
- Add another address panel (see step 3) for the return address. To format this panel for a return address, choose Sender in the pop-up menu (1) on the address panel tag. Or use the Format > Refers To menu.
- Adjust the location of address panels dragging each with the mouse.
- Choose an address template for each panel. The template determines which data fields are displayed (name, company name, country, etc.) and their order.
Use the pop-up menu (2) on the address panel to do this, or select Format > Address Template in the menu and choose a template.
- Populate the address panels with information.
Choose a contact in the Source panel.
If you cannot see contacts, click the Contacts button (1). Then open the pop-up menu (2) and select a contact manager in the Recipients section (for instance, Address Book) to choose a delivery address. Select Senders for the return address.
Note that only contacts from Address Book show up automatically, information from other sources should be imported. For beginners, it is recommended that you use Address Book for learning Labels & Addresses. If your contacts are grouped in Address Book, choose a group in the pop-up (4).
Choose a contact from the list (5).
- Use the Text tab of the Inspector to format the addresses (change the font, size, etc.).