Previous | Next | Contents > Printing and Exporting
- Click the Print button in the toolbar (Cmd-P) to open the Print dialog.
- Select a printer from the Printer drop-down menu (1).
- Set up the number of envelopes to print (2).
- Select the way your printer loads the envelopes.
If it has a special tray, select the Load from envelope tray check box (5). The printer driver may require you additionally choose the tray in the standard Print dialog (see printer documentation).
If the same tray is used to load plain paper and envelopes, deselect Load from envelope tray. In this mode, the program simulates printing on standard paper format bigger than an envelope. Using the Paper Feed buttons (3), choose whether envelopes are aligned to the left or right side of the paper tray, or if they are centered.
- Use the Rotate buttons (4) to rotate the printed image depending on the envelope flap location.
- (Optional) Select Suppress Country Field (6) to
hide the country name for domestic mailing.
- (Optional) Select Address Autoresize (7) to decrease the font size automatically when the address doesn't fit the envelope.
Note that this feature can modify only text in address panels.
- (Optional) Select Hide Separating Commas (8) to remove automatically added commas that separate address fields.
- Select the side(s) to print if your document is double-sided (9).
Refer to the printer manual to find out if your printer can print on the flap side of the envelope!
- Click Next to proceed to the standard print dialog. Here you can set up the print quality, color settings, etc. The settings may vary depending on the printer driver.
- Click Print to start printing.
To print onto envelopes accurately, you should set up the correct envelope type before opening the Print dialog.
To set up the default state of Suppress Country Field (6), Address Autoresize (7), Hide Separating Commas (8), use the Printing tab of the program preferences.
If the document is displayed in the preview correctly but doesn't print, try to inverse the state of the Print document as raster image check box in the Printing tab of the program preferences.
To activate the automatic insertion of different delivery addresses, you should activate the merge printing mode (controls 10 in the picture). It requires creation of a print list.
When loading an envelope, pay attention to the orientation of the flap, so
that the address is not printed upside down. The top edge of the envelope that you see in the preview window is the envelope edge that has to be inserted into your printer tray.