Business Card Composer Features
Design Business Cards
- Create regular, folded and CD-R cards.
- Horizontal and vertical layouts supported.
- Full support for double-sided cards. Both sides are saved in the same document, allowing you to switch between sides on a fly and print them with ease.
- Smart guides help to arrange design elements neatly.
- Option to manually set object position and size.
- Adjust vertical spacing or distribute objects vertically and horizontally.
- Horizontal and vertical object alignment.
- Make use of adjustable shadows with color settings.
- 3 alignment modes, including text alignment within text boxes.
- The application supports object editing on Background and Foreground layers, which helps to create advanced card designs.
- Special text labels for marking phone number, e-mail, etc.
- Google maps integration lets you import map image onto the card.
- Generate Code 128 barcode, as well as 2-dimensional barcodes, Data Matrix and QR (Quick Response).
- Integration with Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture lets preview and use pictures from the photo libraries.
- 100 additional fonts (Extras Pack only).
Working with Graphics
- Tint images with colors, tile and rotate them, as well as change their transparency.
- Fill different objects with Linear or Radial gradients.
- Insert images in many supported formats — TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PDF, EPS and more.
- 7,000 photo objects with transparent background can be applied to any picture to create mixed designs.
- Search images by keywords.
- Image cropping allows you to crop images directly in Composer.
- A custom image can be used as a mask in addition to the predesigned masks.
- Select multiple objects with the ability to resize and rotate them as a single item.
- Converting a text object into an image allows you to apply image effects to it.
- Adjustable export to EPS.
- With Art Text plug-in you can bend and warp texts, apply textures and other effects to create stunning titles.
- More than 1,000 clipart images (40,000+ clipart images with Extras Pack).
- More than 740 ready-made designs, organized in categories.
- More than 100 unique image masks.
- Apply OS X Core Image filters to your images.
- Printer calibration allows to fine-tune the printer for accurate results.
- Cut marks can be printed — helpful for printing on non-perforated paper.
- Control the number of cards you want to print and the position on the sheet from where to start printing.
- Duplex printers support for printing double-sided cards.
- New printing technology allows for choosing among 3 printing methods. You can either print cards for yourself, or print one design for several people, or print multiple designs on one sheet.
- In the printing process, the preview window with the additional settings displays your modifications on the fly.
- The Text to Curve feature (using export options) lets you transform the document into vector image. This will help to avoid problems with font absence when you send a document to a printshop.
- The program allows to print plastic cards and ID badges thanks to Evolis printers support.
- Universal Binary version that allows to run natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
- Integration with Apple Contacts — drag and drop contacts right onto your cards.
- Integration with Photos, iPhoto and Aperture lets preview and use pictures from your photo libraries.
- Images from a custom folder can be used along with the built-in clipart.
- Generate fancy random backgrounds with a click of the button.
- Order your cards to be printed and mailed to you from an online print shop.
- The counter feature allows you to numerate cards and assign each card a unique number.
- Text File Data support allows to read data from text files. This can be helpful when creating badges for a conference, etc.
- Merge Image functionality allows to import and auto-replace images from Contacts, Photos, iPhoto and Finder. This can be used for creating badges and printing iPhoto thumbnails.
- Spotlight support allows the system to search a text within Business Card Composer documents.
- Quick Look technology support allows you to view the content of a file without even opening it.
- 3-step Assistant to get started quickly.
- About 700 supported business card paper types for inkjet and laser printers, from Avery, APLI, Decadry, Sigel, A-One and other manufacturers.
- Use custom layouts for unsupported card stock, greeting cards, badges and other kinds of labels.
- Customizable export to PDF and TIFF allows to save your design in a format appropriate for sending to a professional print shop.
- Use export to JPEG format for sending business cards via e-mail.
- Address set-up option in Preferences allows you to set specific address fields order for different countries.
- “Set address field in a line” allows to modify two-lined address from Contacts into one line automatically.
- Ruler and measurement units save you time on editing data.