wall cabinets from Trimble 3D warehouse are wrong orientation, lying on their back

srdesigns

wall cabinets from Trimble 3D warehouse are wrong orientation, lying on their back

Postby srdesigns » May 10th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Whenever I import wall cabinets from the 3d warehouse, they are in the wrong orientation. The back of the cabinet is on the floor instead of being on the wall. I've tried everything with the "glue by" and rotating them. I cannot seem to get it to work.
srdesigns

Re: wall cabinets from Trimble 3D warehouse are wrong orientation, lying on their back

Postby srdesigns » May 11th, 2018, 6:03 am

I figured it out and thought I would post the solution for other people.

When the wall cabinet is selected, I clicked on "type and representation." In here I figured out that I needed to check both bottom and back for origin and change the x axis to 90 under rotation and mirroring.

Wall cabinets should automatically be like this when downloaded from Trimble 3D warehouse but I found that every one I tried was not. Who would ever lay a wall cabinet on its back?
stInDE

Re: wall cabinets from Trimble 3D warehouse are wrong orientation, lying on their back

Postby stInDE » May 14th, 2018, 12:59 am

That seems a lot simpler than my solution. When I imported my outlets, they were all facing up, perfect for floor installation. I simply rotated them in SketchUp. I didn't know you essentially do the same w/in the application.

Return to “Live Home 3D”