Stroke and feature request

macmike

Stroke and feature request

Postby macmike » July 31st, 2017, 8:49 am

Ok I have been using Swift Publisher for about 2 months now for projects that I have used Indesign before. Now granted I realize Swift Publisher is not trying to compete with or displace Indesign. There are a couple of things you could add to Swift Publisher that would make it a bit more viable in that area.
1. Strokes- Indesign has and has had since Page Maker was brought out by the defunct Aldus company, the ability to create strokes with two or three lines. You can do thin, thick, thin; thin, thin, thick. Anyway is there a way to do those types of strokes in Swift Publisher. Also I have not figured out how to round my rectangles corner.
2. This feature may be there and I just know how to do. See if I can illustrate what I am wanting to do with what Indesign calls a dot leader tab.
Bible Study . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9:45am. This I would want to do via right justification. I have a publication I have made that illustrates these two points. I had to go into Indesign to do the effect copy and past it into Swift Publisher the problem it imports as a graphic and thus once it it is in Indesign you can't edit the text.
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Re: Stroke and feature request

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » August 2nd, 2017, 11:35 am

Hi macmike,
Smart Shapes (from Insert menu) is your friend for adjusting some characteristics of shapes.
Geometry tab ( in the inspector) has two controls (sliders) dedicated to smart shapes.
For multiple strokes, it seems impossible for now (this was possible in a previous version of ART TEXT (yes, I know this doesn't help!).
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website

Return to “Swift Publisher”