Altering dimensions of CD inlays/labels

peterharris

Altering dimensions of CD inlays/labels

Postby peterharris » October 13th, 2014, 7:27 am

Different manufacturers of CD jewel cases produce cases of different sizes. In the Inspector window the standard setting for CD Cover is 121mm x 121mm. For Tray Insert it is 150mm x 118mm. These dimensions are too small for the cases I have, so I am resizing the labels using the relevant height/width fields in the Inspector window. After selecting Print from the File menu I also select Print Cut Marks and Print Dotted Outline in the Options drop-down. However the printed label remains exactly as per the standard settings above. I have tried creating Custom settings but nevertheless the label size, as defined by the cutout lines, does not change. Curiously though, the label material - images text etc., reduce in ratio to the increased dimensions selected in the Inspector window.

Any ideas?

Many thanks PH
Nick

Re: Altering dimensions of CD inlays/labels

Postby Nick » October 13th, 2014, 9:09 am

Hi

This could happen. You increased the CD Cover size and opened the Print dialog of Disc Cover. At this step, the program fits your design to the selected paper. If some special paper is selected (such as Avery or Neato), your design gets scaled to match the dimensions predefined by the paper layout. If you select "US Plain" or "A4 Plain" in the mentioned dialog, then your design will retain the size set in the Inspector.

If my assumption is correct, you can choose one of two solutions.
1. Select one of plain paper formats in the Print dialog.
2. Create your own paper layout and select it using the Chane Layout button in the Inspector. This page gives an idea of what to do:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/disccover/DCHelp/custom_template_create.html

Nick
peterharris

Re: Altering dimensions of CD inlays/labels

Postby peterharris » October 13th, 2014, 9:53 am

Many thanks Nick,

Choosing Plain A4 seems to do the trick buy I will also play with Custom Templates too.

Speedy response too. Great

Thanks again, Peter

Return to “Disc Cover”