So many issues with Art Text 2

frontman

Postby frontman » October 4th, 2012, 4:04 pm

I love Art Text 2, it's really great at creating good artwork, but since I first installed this program it has had buggy quirks and regular crashes, but in the main I've been able to create and save artwork.

However, having had the program for about 2 months now it has only got worse with crashes every 2-3 minutes and now, in the last day or two, I can no longer export anything. This means I can't save files and right now some clients of mine have not got their artwork thanks to this program.

Other notable issues include: Most blend mode changes cause the image to quadruple in size and become unclickable having extended beyond the file canvas.

Using a glow instead of a shadow has the same effect, the glow element is massively misaligned and simply cannot be fixed, or used.

Regular freezes.

Program does not quit, you need to Force Quit it almost every time.

I have deleted the program and reinstalled it but it hasn't changed anything.

This is the only program I have ever had these issues with.

Could you please help?
Would you like a log file? And does anyone else have experiences like this?

I am running Lion 10.7.5 on a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro.
Last edited by frontman on October 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 4th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Hi,

We are working on an update that is aimed to fix several known bugs that cause crashes. It will be helpful if you send us some details to see whether it is a new bug or one that is in work.

Please send this information to support@belightsoft.com

1. The version of Art Text you are using. Select Art Text > About Art Text in the menu.

2. Are you using an additional external monitor?

3. When the program crashes again, save and send us the crash and console logs. The crash log is displayed automatically. You can copy the log to your email or to a text file and attach it to the email.

After the program has stopped responding or crashed, error messages are added to the console log. To save it, open the Console program from the Applications/Utilities folder. In its menu, select File > Save a Copy As.

4. Your document. If you can recall, describe the last action(s) or the steps that have led to the crash.

Add the link to this topic to your message.

Other notable issues include: Most blend mode changes cause the image to quadruple in size and become unclickable having extended beyond the file canvas.

Using a glow instead of a shadow has the same effect, the glow element is massively misaligned and simply cannot be fixed, or used.

This can be linked with the Retina display. We are working on the compatibility.

Nick
frontman

Postby frontman » October 8th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am downloading an update the program has said is available. I will see if this improves anything first.
frontman

Postby frontman » October 9th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Hi.

The update has improved a couple of issues, but not many to be honest. I will attempt to answer your questions.

1) Version number - I think its 2.4.2?? I cant check I'm afraid because in just working on an image the program has once again frozen, the rainbow wheel coming up every time you click on anything. It's basically lost all responsiveness and screwed up yet another afternoon of work.

2) No external monitor.

3) Log files - I'm afraid I am not sure what you are talking about. The program has never once automatically presented a log file to me nor do I know where to find it. If you can advise this I will gladly send it to you.

May I add, if this program, to my knowledge, wasn't so unique then I would have by now written to you for a refund. I paid a lot of money for this program via your website not knowing it was £13.99 in the app store (why the price difference anyway??), which is still moving into the more expensive app territories. You seem like decent guys wiling to help and I hope you are able to advise something useful in my case. Soon.

Thank you.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 10th, 2012, 3:17 am

Hi frontman,

To localize the problem we need to know the exact version of Art Text (see post #2), your document to repeat the problem on our computer, and the console log.

To save the log, open the Console program from the Applications/Utilities folder. In its menu, select File > Save a Copy As. The log should be saved after repeating the problem.

Nick
frontman

Postby frontman » October 10th, 2012, 5:28 am

Nick,

Today I can click to get a version number, I could not yesterday. It is 2.4.2 (488).

As for repeat steps, I can only tell "I used the program". It is so frequently freezing and playing up that I cannot possibly tell you which exact step I was taking at the time - it could be anything, add a layer, add some text, change colour... anything can begin the process of a freeze. If I recall correctly the last thing I did in this latest case, which caused the onset of the rainbow spinner every 3 seconds, was to add a black 2pt outline to some text. That was it.

FYI
Glow is also still not working properly.
Also when I change blend mode it quadruples the size of the image.

I will be working on the app again later tonight so will send you the next crash report I can. Although I have to say crashes are less frequent since update, but freezes and strange behavior remain the same.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 10th, 2012, 6:57 am

Thank you for these details.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”