Printer Calibration

jessecoleman

Postby jessecoleman » February 16th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Any help will be appreciated.

I am relatively new to Disc Cover Version 3.0.6
My operating system: Mac OS X (10.6.8)
My Printer: HP Photosmart C5280
Paper Type: Memorex US Dual Purpose Jewel Case Cover+Insert

I have developed several design elements (Cover, Tray Insert and Spine).When I calibrate the printer, do I have to calibrate for each design element?

Once calibration is set, does the printer have to be calibrated each time I open Disc Cover or start a new project ?

I have read a few calibration queries--it seems to be a minor problem. The tutorial I viewed regarding calibration showed a circular disc are there any diagrams showing the Cover and Tray insert for paper stock like Memorex? I ask because I have experienced problems with calibrating for the Tray Insert for the Memorex paper stock.

Thank you
Nick

Postby Nick » February 17th, 2012, 5:00 am

Hi jessecoleman,

By calibration, Disc Cover finds the offset between the software coordinate system and your printer. It depends mostly on the printer's mechanical part. Very rarely, you need to recalibrate the printer if you are using a paper type very different from the one used for calibration. For example, if you calibrated the printer using thin regular paper, the printing on thick glossy paper may require recalibration.

Also note, that you need to calibrate and print your design at the same quality settings. It won't work if you calibrate in the draft mode, and then print in the high quality mode.

You don't need to run calibration for each project of each design element.

The tutorial I viewed regarding calibration showed a circular disc are there any diagrams showing the Cover and Tray insert for paper stock like Memorex?

If there are several elements on the paper, it is enough to calibrate to one of them.

Your problem with Memorex cab be caused by incorrect selection of the paper template. Memorex has identical paper types in US and A4 formats. Make sure that in the program is selected the correct one.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”