Can't connect?

imaginal

Postby imaginal » June 10th, 2011, 9:02 pm

So far, neither my iPhone 4 or my iPad 2 has been able to connect with the Remote Viewer server on my iMac. I have waited at least 10 minutes for the connection but only get the spinning circle. I checked the server preferences and they seem to be a match. Please advise.
hubertcampan

Postby hubertcampan » June 11th, 2011, 6:54 am

Hi there,

Same problem. Never worked.
Doesn't even see the server in Bonjour.

Too bad. Hope it'll work some time...

Hubert
Nick

Postby Nick » June 11th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Hi,

Your iPhone or iPad should be connected to the Internet, and you should input the correct server IP address, user ID and password.

Nick
radale

Postby radale » June 12th, 2011, 6:51 am

hi

thanks for posting the app.
i tried to install it, but the client app crashes in my mac. not really sure what to do and also how do i get the user details. are they the same as the cresidentals for logging into the forum?
Last edited by radale on June 12th, 2011, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
wb

Postby wb » June 13th, 2011, 6:52 am

Had the same problem. The DoorStop X utility I use was denying access. If you use that utility or another access control utility, open the Web (alternate) 8080 port for IP 10.0.0.103 or a small range like 10.0.0.0-10.0.0.10.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 14th, 2011, 6:41 am

Hi radale,

Which application crashes, RV Server on the computer or Remote Viewer on your iOS device?

Please send the crash log to support@belightsoft.com

To get the log from iOS:
1. Sync the iOS device with the Mac.
2. Go to this folder
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
Here you will find a folder named as your iOS device. The log should be in it.

If the Mac OS application crashes, the log is displayed instantly in the Crash Reporter window. You can copy it from there.

Nick
tmonteau

Postby tmonteau » June 16th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Same problem here.. just have a spinning wheel... It shows name of my laptop, and port, but thats it!.. really really wish it worked..
Nick

Postby Nick » June 17th, 2011, 3:42 am

Hi tmonteau,

On the computer, run RV Server and fill in all fields. If your firewall is on, make sure that RV Server is in the list and it has "Allow incoming connections" status.

On iPhone or iPad, check the user ID, IP address (not needed if you are using Bonjour) and password.

Nick
tmonteau

Postby tmonteau » June 17th, 2011, 8:43 am

thnx Nick, I already did all that. allowed the incoming connection, all id, address, and passwords are correct. I do believe it has communicated with my macbook because on my iphone the name of my computer showed up as well as MacBook Pro local:8080, and i wanted to see what happened if my laptop was off. and message stating could not find server. so with laptop on, all i have the spinning wheel.

thnx again
Tricia
Nick

Postby Nick » June 17th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Tricia,

It seems that you are connecting via Bonjour (the blue round button in the Server field). If this is correct, the presense of the computer's name doesn't mean that iPhone is connected to the computer.

Try to select the Desktop as the shared folder in the RV Server. There ia a chanse that the access to the currently selected folder is limited.

Nick
TC

Postby TC » June 18th, 2011, 9:30 am

I cannot connect over the Internet but it seems to me that just providing my Internet ip address is insufficient. How does the viewer know where to go on my network ?
Nick

Postby Nick » June 22nd, 2011, 9:17 am

You should set up your router (device sharing Internet for the home) to accept external connections and forward them to your Mac's port 8080.

To connect your iOS device using both Internet and your home network, you need to create two servers in Remote Viewer for each connection method.

Nick
Applemany

Postby Applemany » August 20th, 2011, 9:47 am

Hi

I am on a MBP and an iPod Touch.

I have downloaded the server and the Remote viewer software and tried to set up both but there seems to me a button missing compared with the video tutorial.

I can set up everything but there is no button top right on screen to click on.

How do I get the link to go in to the Desktop of my MBP?

A
Nick

Postby Nick » August 22nd, 2011, 2:47 am

Hi Applemany,

What's the name of the missing button? Can you see it in the tutorial?
Which application doesn't display this button, the viewer on iPod or server on MBP?

Nick

Return to “Remote Viewer”