Where can I find the baseline grid

ghowen

Where can I find the baseline grid

Postby ghowen » September 4th, 2017, 9:54 am

Hi, I am new to Swift Publisher but have worked with other DTP software in the past. I am trying to create a small brochure and I am looking for the setting for the baseline grid. Basically what I want is that all lines in all text boxes on a double page share the same baseline. I know this from InDesign and Quark but can't get it work with SP5. So any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Linden

Re: Where can I find the baseline grid

Postby Linden » September 4th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Hi ghowen
I do not believe the ‘baseline’ function you are looking for exist in SP. It may be a case of ‘hands on’ to achieve the text base lines across the spread using Grids, Guides and Baseline commands to assist.
You have two choices in SP5 for Grids. The first method is the new Grid set up that shares a panel with the Layers palette that’s now located at the bottom of the Inspector Panel. Both a welcome addition to SP. The second option to create a grid is located under the ‘Insert’ menu > ‘Layout Guides…’ where it shares a dialogue box with ‘Rows & Columns’ feature. Both options offer ‘snap to grid’ functionality that can be turned off or on in SP Preferences. Keyboard shortcut “Cmd - ,”
If you just want to adjust the ‘Baseline’ you’ll find that command deeply hidden in the Format menu. Format > Font > Baseline > Rise or Lower. Keyboard shortcut “Opt arrow up” or “Opt arrow down”. The last option would be adjusting the ‘Between Lines’ slider located in the ‘Text’ tab of the ‘Inspector’ palette.
Hope this helps.

Linden.
Toshinamac

Postby Toshinamac » December 2nd, 2017, 4:35 am

Well, I don't know about the OP but I have just found that info most useful because I had been looking to solve a similar problem. So thank you very much :)
Linden

Postby Linden » December 9th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Toshinamac wrote:Well, I don't know about the OP but I have just found that info most useful because I had been looking to solve a similar problem. So thank you very much :)

You're very welcome.

Return to “Swift Publisher”