Art Text 3: import and manipulate shapes

Almarma

Art Text 3: import and manipulate shapes

Postby Almarma » May 31st, 2016, 7:55 am

Hi,

First, congratulations for Art Text 3, is an amazing piece of software!

Second, my question. I'm trying to create a wifi icon similar to the one I attached, but I find it really difficult to be precise to draw it, and I see there's an option for a custom folder in the forms panel on the left, where I could use custom icons but I cannot find information about what format should I use. I know it should be vector format, but which one? SVG? AI? several?

wireless-xxl.png
wireless-xxl.png (5.73 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
Nick

Re: Art Text 3: import and manipulate shapes

Postby Nick » May 31st, 2016, 10:30 am

Hi

Only PDF can be used to import vector graphics to Art Text.

Nick
prthnon

Postby prthnon » August 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Is there a special format of PDF required to this? I am unable to get a pdf file to convert to 3D... when I right click, it just turns to a thin grey 3D rectangle the size of the image...?

Thanks for the help.
flysurf

Postby flysurf » December 6th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Same problem here.
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » December 7th, 2017, 11:09 am

To correctly add a vector image you need to open Shapes tab and select 'Custom folder' from a drop-down menu. Then point the program to the folder containing your images (in pdf format). After that, you can select these objects and add them to your document.
flysurf

Postby flysurf » December 8th, 2017, 12:55 am

Igor Lizunov wrote:To correctly add a vector image you need to open Shapes tab and select 'Custom folder' from a drop-down menu. Then point the program to the folder containing your images (in pdf format). After that, you can select these objects and add them to your document.

I know that, but this doesn't work with most format, like you know...psd, ai, svg, gif etc...pdf is hardly a format anybody used for vector images.
Erik_eDragon

Postby Erik_eDragon » December 20th, 2017, 9:49 am

I've been testing here and there is a problem with the PDF format in some cases.
For example, if I have a big word with special design, formatting etc, I save it as PDF from Adobe Illustrator and part of the letters WON'T SHOW when imported.
I've been trying out several PDF formats: Illustrator Default, X1, X4 (2008)... all seem to bring the same problem.

Could you guys see about this?
Thanks

Return to “Art Text”