loading images from external drive

MustBJones

loading images from external drive

Postby MustBJones » April 25th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I am evaluating Disc Cover. I have a relatively small SSD as my startup drive. I keep all my large files on an external drive. Disc Cover does not see this external drive. What can I do to remedy the situation?
Nick

Re: loading images from external drive

Postby Nick » April 26th, 2016, 2:17 am

Hi

Normally, Disc Cover can access drives which are accessible from Finder.
Please answer these questions:
1. What way did you try to get to your files? There are many methods, for instance, you can choose "Photo Folder" in the left panel. Or, select Insert > Image > From File in the main menu.
If you used one of these or a different way, try also one of above and tell me if it works.

Will it work if drag an image from Finder directly to your document?

2. What versions of Disc Cover and OS X are on your computer?

Nick
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » April 27th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Hello,
I am using OS10.11.4 and Disc Cover 3.1.3.

Strange thing is I cannot select Photos in the import window. It changes to iPhoto (which I do not have on my machine)

Choosing Photo Folder would be the same as dragging a photo from the Desktop to the application, which I can do. Insert>Image> opens the same dialog box as Photo Folder.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Hi,

Try this. While Disc Cover is not running, open Photos to make sure that pictures are accessible. Then close Photos, open Disc Cover and choose Photos in the left panel. The program should open the Import dialog with the "Select albums or photos to import from Photos" text at the top. If the dialog won't open or it has text about importing from iPhoto at the top, save the Console log. Send this log to suttort@belightsoft.com along with the link to this topic.

To save the Console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Originally, you mentioned a problem with importing images from an external drive. Is is solved? Were you able to drag and drop images from this drive to the program, or show images using the Photo Folder option?

Nick
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » April 29th, 2016, 7:42 am

Nick, sorry for the late reply. I tried yesterday but for some reason it didn't take.

I received a Postmaster rejection for the email address you specified. Is there another one I can send the Console log to?

Yes I can drag'n'drop photos into designs.
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » May 3rd, 2016, 8:29 am

Rick I tried re-sending the file. I still got a PostOffice message saying " no such addressee." I am still trying to help sort out this issue of DiscCover not seeing Photos Library on an external disk.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 4th, 2016, 9:48 am

Sorry, I mistyped the address. It must be
support@belightsoft.com

Maybe your log will not be needed. The problem can be related to the settings of Photos. I've moved my photo library to another disk, and made Photos to open the relocated library by default. After this, Disc Cover still tried to access the library at the default location. It helped to choose the new location as the system photo library. Thus, open the Preferences dialog of your Photos, and click the "Use as System Photo Library" button.

photos_prefs.png
photos_prefs.png (58.18 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

Nick
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » May 5th, 2016, 9:29 am

Thank you Nick for finding the issue. Followed your instructions and all my photos showed up so I could import what I wanted. Thank you again for researching the issue.

Return to “Disc Cover”