Disc Cover 3.1.1 update is available!

Ajax

Disc Cover 3.1.1 update is available!

Postby Ajax » October 6th, 2015, 2:34 pm

Dear users,

An update for Disc Cover is available. Version 3.1.1 fixes program crashes when switching to the Import panel on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

You can always download the latest update here.

NOTE: Users of Mac App Store version should wait for Apple to review and publisher this version in the App Store.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
jwassom

Re: Disc Cover 3.1.1 update is available!

Postby jwassom » October 10th, 2015, 11:02 am

I just updated it and now my circular CD labels will not print correctly... the top portion is cut off... and yes.. I have tried calibrating several times, wasting expensive label paper and expensive toner.. There is NOTHING that allows me to fix it. My print preview shows the top portion cut off and does cut it off whether I calibrate, restore to default, etc..
sduck

Postby sduck » October 11th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Lightscribe printing in OS X 10.11 El Capitan is broken. This is a major problem, as this is about all I use this program for. Hopefully a fix will appear soon, but it may require a new driver.
omichde

Postby omichde » October 20th, 2015, 3:00 am

Two weeks passed and still no update in the Mac APP Store - any news, when it'll finally available as I'd like to continue using Disc Cover - Thanks...
Gowrieboy53

Postby Gowrieboy53 » November 12th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Since updating with Disc Cover 3.1.1 I have still been experiencing random crashes under El Capitan. I have reinstalled Disc Cover 3.1 and then updated to no avail. The app remains very unstable and, frankly, is not worth trying to use in its present state.

Anyone else also finding problems with DC 3.1.1?

Any suggestions for fixing the problem most welcome.
benK

Postby benK » November 13th, 2015, 7:42 am

Disc Cover 3.1.1 crashed a few times upon launch right after I updated through Mac App Store (OS X ver. 10.11.1), but it somehow started to work OK since. One issue is when I try to open an existing file with the search function within the app, every found file is grayed out and it won't let me select any to open. I can use Spotlight instead, so it is not a showstopper.

The only workable option at this point may be to keep OS X 10.10 with Disc Cover 3.1. I could create a partition to do just that on my Mac, but I would rather wait for them to release a decent update.

By the way, it seems Disc Cover is affected by the Mac App Store glitch, and it is yet to launch even after reinstallation and reboots (and App Store sign-out, KILL command, etc.).
benK

Postby benK » November 13th, 2015, 5:38 pm

I managed to get Disc Cover, failing to launch after the Mac App Store glitch, to work again doing the following:

1. Delete Disc Cover by click-holding the Disc Cover icon then click on the x in Launchpad

2. Restart the Mac

3. Re-install Disc Cover via App Store

4. Launch Disc Cover

This seems to have deleted the pref files accumulated over the years, and Disc Cover has not crashed so far.

I wish Apple were more forthcoming to admit their fault and quickly provided us with solutions, because I have seen negative reviews blaming the app developers for this issue.

Return to “Disc Cover”