Program Closes immediately

jpkjrk

Postby jpkjrk » August 25th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Need some help. Program worked well in the past and now it closes almost immediately with an error message. I'm using Mac OSX 10.8
Nick

Postby Nick » August 26th, 2013, 1:45 am

Hi

Please send the complete crash log to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

When exactly the program crashes? Does it happen when it starts, or opens a file, or when you use some of its features (which one?)?

A crash report window opens after crash. You need to click the Report button and copy all text to a text file or email message.

Nick
jpkjrk

Postby jpkjrk » August 26th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Thanks for your quick response Nick. It crashes upon opening. The report goes to Apple and the only buttons are re-open and OK. I cant copy the report or change it to text. I highlight it but then cant paste it. Any suggestions?
Nick

Postby Nick » August 27th, 2013, 3:54 am

Sometimes it helps if you delete the preferences file returning the program to the default settings. You need to copy this path
~/Library/Preferences/
in Finder, press Cmd-Shift-G, paste the path, and click Go. Then find this file
com.belightsoft.BusinessCardComposer5.plist
Delete it or move to the Desktop. If the problem remains after this, I need you send us logs.

As an alternative to sending to Apple, the crash reporter lets you show the log on the screen. Another way to get the log is to search for it in the Console application located in the Applications/Utilities folder. You can navigate to it using the side bar. Expand "~/Library/Logs/". Then search for Business Card Composer in the CrashReporter and DiagnosticReports sections.

After crash, the Console log may contain some more error messages. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log. Send it to us as well

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”