Frame to merge images question

toto

Postby toto » June 9th, 2012, 1:07 am

I am printing multiple student ID card with picture and signature and trying to use the image merge function.

I used the Address Book and inserted the picture in the data file so I will only have to automate image importing and insertion of the signature.

I got to the point of multiple merging from the address book and now attempting to automate importing of the image signature.

Following the steps indicated to merge image and selecting Image List the "Frame to Merge Images" is a square. This is ok for the 1x1 picture that I have of the student in the "Address Book".

Now the second image I want to merge is a signature which needs a rectangular shape , in my case 1.5 inches W x .5 inch H.

My question, is there a way to adjust the "Frame to Merge Images" to come out rectangular to fit the signatures?

Thank you,

Norman
Nick

Postby Nick » June 9th, 2012, 2:11 am

Hi Norman,

Yes, you can adjust the dimensions of the "Frame to Merge Images" and make it rectangle. The gray image inside will remain square. This happens because the program fits images pasted inside the frame without distortion.

If the signatures are images of some standard size, your workflow can be as follows. Add one of signatures to your design. Adjust it's location and size. Then in the Image tab of the Inspector, select the Merged Image check box and specify the image source.

Nick
toto

Postby toto » June 11th, 2012, 6:25 am

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the advice, got to have the signatures merged with my custom lay out.

I have another related issue to ask though. Is it possible to have the merged signature come out like an outline and is just floating in the color back ground?

I adjusted the signature image as an outline in photoshop and saved as tiff but when merged with the business card the image always have a white background. The only work around I can think of is to save the cards as jpeg images, open in photoshop and individually put in the outline image of the signatures per card before printing.

Any easier and faster way to do this?
Nick

Postby Nick » June 11th, 2012, 7:08 am

Business Card Composer cannot preprocess imaged during the printing process. If the original images have the background, you need to remove it manually before printing. Don't forget to save images to a format that supports transparency: PDF, PNG or TIFF. JPEG always have the background.

A TIFF file with transparency in the background prints the way you need.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”