Desired improvements to SP3

Troody

Postby Troody » June 2nd, 2012, 5:41 am

Yvonne, I was looking for that feature too--as well as the former way of setting space between characters, lines, etc. that was easier to use. Does anybody know what WAS changed, so we can be appreciative? And when might we look for these other improvements?
Nick

Postby Nick » June 2nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

The list of changes can be found on the Version Changes page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swiftpublisher/versch/versions.php

Nick
vlado_bb

Postby vlado_bb » June 20th, 2012, 1:00 am

Internal links will be mostly welcome especially by those who create online publications. Moreover, already the existing option to create a link behaves strange - sometimes the link remains blue, sometimes not.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 20th, 2012, 1:49 am

vlado_bb:

Swift Publisher wasn't aimed to create online publications. This is why supporting links isn't one of our priority tasks.

Nick
vlado_bb

Postby vlado_bb » June 27th, 2012, 1:56 am

Nick, I completely understand your point. However, I know nothing about creating software - perhaps adding such functionality is too complicated, but perhaps it is easy and in such case the set of your users who would appreciate it, is certainly not empty.

Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » June 27th, 2012, 4:13 am

vlado_bb,

If you mean saving a Swift Publisher document to the HTML format, it's not a trivial task.

Nick
vlado_bb

Postby vlado_bb » June 27th, 2012, 7:46 am

No, I mean a feature that is included e.g. in MS Word as "Bookmarks", but I think the term "internal links" is used more frequently. However, if it is a nontrivial task, then just forget about my comment.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 28th, 2012, 4:46 am

At the moment we don't plan to add links within the document. I think that in one of future versions we'll work on the table of contents and maybe then add internal links.

Nick
YvonneinSonoma

Postby YvonneinSonoma » August 8th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Again - I just downloaded 3.1 for Mountain Lion and the sidebar is still missing. I hate to cite InDesign but it does a nice job of the page layout sidebar and SP had it once - why can't we have it back?

YvonneinSonoma wrote:I started a thread on this a few months ago and am disappointed the Pages Sidebar didn't come back with the update. Having all the pages visible in the sidebar with the ability to reorder and click into each page as necessary is vital to me. I find having to click in and out of pages at the top and then have the page pane disappear when I click back into the document annoying. PLEASE put back the Page View Sidebar. Thank you.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 9th, 2012, 3:31 am

YvonneinSonoma,

In the version 3.1.1 we did only one thing—fixed a bug that related to exporting and printing.

We don't intend to put the Pages sidebar back very soon because this is a significant change what requires a lot of work to be done.

Nick
Ragnemalm

Postby Ragnemalm » December 11th, 2012, 7:32 am

I mentioned this in another thread which I can't find now, but it belongs here:

I really wish I could connect a text flow to an existing text box (at least an empty one). Then I can make a page with one or two text boxes, and just duplicate the page and connect text flow from page to page. Now I need to replace the existing text boxes with new ones, which is clumsy.

Apart from that, I find SP2 an excellent tool. (I have upgraded to SP3 but not quite got the hang of it yet. I understand that an improvement will be in SP3 but that is fine with me.)
Nick

Postby Nick » December 11th, 2012, 10:50 am

Hi Ragnemalm,

I'll make sure that this feature is added to the lists of requested functionality.

Nick
writerhoward

Postby writerhoward » December 11th, 2012, 6:00 pm

It would be helpful if you can change a style and have the change applied to everything in that style in the document.

Also, is there any way to tell if a style has been applied to text? If not, it would be helpful to have that capability.

Howard
Nick

Postby Nick » December 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

Hi Howard,

Updating text after modifying the applies style is a feature we are going to add in one of future updates.

The indication of the applied style is some thing I've never heard before. Have you seen such function in other software? Anyway, we'll think if it can be supported in SP.

Nick
writerhoward

Postby writerhoward » December 12th, 2012, 10:06 am

Nick wrote:Hi Howard,
The indication of the applied style is some thing I've never heard before. Have you seen such function in other software? Anyway, we'll think if it can be supported in SP.

Nick

Nick,

In Pages '09, after I apply a style to text, if I later click within that text its style is highlighted in the Styles Drawer.

Howard

Return to “Swift Publisher”