Swift Publisher V 3

judebox

Postby judebox » March 19th, 2012, 6:25 pm

I have been using the new version for only a month. But I just created a 30 page document. It will not export in any format. I get empty pages in the PDF. Also discovered now, that it also will not print - again empty pages are showing. Obviously not being able to export to send a printer or even print means this program is dead to me.

Is it because of old preferences? Could it be that my version is contaminated?

This new version is...not sure I'm liking this at all.
I loved the old program! And I need to send to printer tomorrow.

Anybody have a similar issue.

Judith
judebox

Postby judebox » March 19th, 2012, 6:28 pm

To add to this: I have an iMAc 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Nick

Postby Nick » March 20th, 2012, 7:07 am

Hi Judith,

Try to delete (or simply move to the Desktop) the preferences file if you think that it causes the problem. Its location:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.SwiftPublisher3.plist
To access the Library folder on Mac OS 10.7 Lion, in the Finder choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G). Then type "~/Library/" into the edit box, and click the Go button.

If the problem remains with the default preferences, please give me this info:
1. The version of Swift Publisher. If yours isn't 3.0.1 (v491), please update the program.

2. Can you edit your document? Are all images and blocks of text present and on right places?

3. Open the Print dialog and choose. Does the preview there look correctly?
Choose PDF > Open PDF in Preview. Will your document be displayed correctly?

4. Export to PDF to repeat the problem. This time open options in the Export dialog and switch off "Use Bleeds", "Format as Booklet" and "Convert text to curves". Set PFD Workflow to None. After unsuccessful exporting, save the Console log (see the end of this post). Send this log to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic

5. If the document smaller than 5 MB, please send it to me too.

Nick
judebox

Postby judebox » March 20th, 2012, 9:42 am

Hi Nick,
Thank-you so much for your reply.
For some absolute mystery - all of a sudden it saved the document to a PDF. It's huge. 347MB. However it's there. I think there may have been some problem with having both the Versions (2&3). I didn't use them together. But when I tried to then re-do my project in version 2, it opened up in V 3.
I trashed version 3, and downloaded it again. Didn't work. But today it does!!
My version is 3 (v484) But it's working. Afraid to change it or sneeze.
Do you think I should download another Version?
Judith
judebox

Postby judebox » March 20th, 2012, 10:03 am

Also..Nick - I have the application Version 3 running from my desktop. I didn't put it in my application folder.
Maybe it like being all alone in a secluded room.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 20th, 2012, 10:39 am

Hi Judith,

Maybe the creation of a so large PDF takes nearly all operating memory of your computer. So, when you exported before, other applications shared memory together with Swift Publisher and it didn't have enough to complete the task. The last time at different circumstances, exporting succeeded.

Generally saying, your PDF is really huge. I think you used in it images at very high resolution. Possibly you need to revise graphics to make sure that the image size/resolution is reasonable.

It is better to decide on one version 2 or 3. Note that documents created in Swift Publisher 3 may not work in version 2. We improved version 3 to work better with large documents.

The currently available version is 3.0.1 (v491). It's better to to use this version if you intensively use images from the iPhoto library or use the templates because bugs related to these features were fixed.

For Swift Publisher it doesn't matter if it is located on the Desktop or in the Applications folder. If the same version works differently, possibly there is something wrong with file system.

Nick
judebox

Postby judebox » March 20th, 2012, 10:51 am

Thanks again Nick. It is interesting that I'm looking at the file size of my SP document and it says it's zero bytes. But it still opens>
So bizarre
Nick

Postby Nick » March 20th, 2012, 11:10 am

This sounds strange. Did you use the Finder to find out the document size?

Try to reboot the computer and see if anything changes.

Also you can open the Disk Utility located in the Applications/Utilities folder and click Verify Disk to see if there is no file system errors.

Nick
judebox

Postby judebox » April 10th, 2012, 4:41 pm

I have been happily using my version 2, since V3.01 was causing problems with trying to change colours for text and objects. I had to go back to a large document which I created in V3, and am trying to change the colour of an object. It just won't do it. Help!! I've tried everything.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 11th, 2012, 4:46 am

Open the Appearance tab of the Inspector and click on the Color button to bring up the Colors pane. Opening this pane with the Cmd-Shift-C shortcut doesn't let you change colors because the pane isn't linked to any control in the Inspector.

Nick
judebox

Postby judebox » April 11th, 2012, 7:22 am

Hi Nick,
At first this didn't work because I was in text mode. Then when I went back to Appearance mode it still didn't work. I had to close the colour box. Open it from the pull down menu and then if I select the object it worked.
Hmm. Thanks Nick. Are you guys planning to fix this any time soon? That would be great if you could. I think you had it right in version 2.
Thanks for this,
Judith.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 11th, 2012, 8:18 am

Hi

Yes, we are going to fix this.

Nick
judebox

Postby judebox » April 11th, 2012, 8:19 am

Great!!
Thanx Nick
sherryorrell

Postby sherryorrell » October 11th, 2013, 7:54 am

How do I update my Swift Publisher to the latest version I downloaded from your site? I am running Mac Mountain Liion. I do not find it intuitive.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 11th, 2013, 10:05 am

Hi sherryorrell,

The most common and simple way is to use the update feature. If you downloaded the program from Mac App Store, use the AppStore.app to update Swift Publisher.

If the program was downloaded from our site, select Swift Publisher > Check For Updates command. Or delete the Swift Publisher from the Applications folder and download it from this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swiftpublisher/downloads.php

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”