Disc Cover only prints 1 on a 2 sheet?

jefferis peterson

Postby jefferis peterson » November 14th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Hi folks, First time attempting to use Disc Cover (RE version 3.x) and I created a label and picked the Memorex CD/DVD layout, which matched the paper I have. It should be able to print 2 labels on the page, but I could only get DC to print one. What am I missing? Or is this a limitation of the program itself?

I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Last edited by jefferis peterson on November 14th, 2011, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 15th, 2011, 3:36 am

Hi Jefferis,

The Print dialog of Disc Cover displays the paper sheet preview on the right and preview of all labels in your document on the left. In this dialog, you can specify which labels should be printed and the position of labels on paper if there are several.

If your paper has two or three labels, in the print dialog drag the label thumbnail from the left to a blank position on the paper.

The "Export and Printing" (2:56) video tutorial on this page
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/disccover/screencasts.php
can give you an idea of the printing workflow.

Nick
jefferis peterson

Postby jefferis peterson » November 15th, 2011, 11:06 am

Thank you. I was trying to drag a second disc to the memorex predefined layout in the paper setup /change layout dialog, and it wasn't working. For most programs you set up the layout before you hit the print icon :-)
Nick

Postby Nick » November 16th, 2011, 5:32 am

In the File > Change Layout dialog you are choosing the Memorex paper layout. Here, you cannot drag and drop onto layout anything. I've told you about the print dialog where you cannot edit the layout, but can choose what to print on a particular paper sheet. Watch the video.

Nick
jefferis peterson

Postby jefferis peterson » November 16th, 2011, 10:04 am

You misunderstand. I followed your advice and it worked just fine. What I was commenting on is why I didn't get this intuitively in the first place.

Return to “Disc Cover”