How to get started?

gizbug

How to get started?

Postby gizbug » February 25th, 2018, 8:15 pm

I purchased the program, and have a PDF file of my floor plan my builder gave me. I am not sure how to get started, with tracing the PDF into this Live Home 3D app. Would anyone be willing to assist? I emailed support, with the PDF file asking if they could help me get started, but have yet to hear back.

The instructions in the app are difficult/not clear on how to trace a pdf into this program
Roustaboutpusher

Re: How to get started?

Postby Roustaboutpusher » March 5th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Its very easy. You can either drag it in from the desktop or go to "file" "open" and voila!
Roustaboutpusher

Postby Roustaboutpusher » March 5th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Its very easy. You can either drag it in from the desktop or go to "file" "open, and voila!
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » March 16th, 2018, 9:35 am

gizbug wrote:I purchased the program, and have a PDF file of my floor plan my builder gave me. I am not sure how to get started, with tracing the PDF into this Live Home 3D app. Would anyone be willing to assist? I emailed support, with the PDF file asking if they could help me get started, but have yet to hear back.

The instructions in the app are difficult/not clear on how to trace a pdf into this program

First, you should insert the image of your plan into our program.
Create a blank project in Live home 3D, then add the image with your plan using drag&drop:

The problem here is with the difference between scale on your image and selected project scale. Let's adjust that. 
Place Dimension tool over the known size on your image:

Then select this Dimension object, turn on Affect underlying objects option in Inspector and adjust the size using Size input.
The image will be resized according to selected project scale:

After this, you can start outlining the image using Wall and Room tools:

Return to “Live Home 3D”