How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

dabbler

How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

Postby dabbler » October 29th, 2017, 12:51 pm

We recently purchased a new house and I am trying to make a floor plan to help with furniture layout, etc. before we move in next month. Most of it is pretty simple, but I have two challenges:
1) I am trying to figure out how to create 2 4" steps down into a family room on an otherwise single floor layout. I can use shapes to create the steps, but how do I make the floor 8" lower in just the one room?
genMid.ML81679066_8_3.jpg
genMid.ML81679066_8_3.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 2181 times

2) Similar to the challenge inside the house, there are just a few steps up to the house from the yard in both the front and the back. How can I make just 3 steps to the front porch to the single level house?
dabbler

Re: How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

Postby dabbler » October 29th, 2017, 4:11 pm

dabbler wrote:We recently purchased a new house and I am trying to make a floor plan to help with furniture layout, etc. before we move in next month. Most of it is pretty simple, but I have two challenges:
1) I am trying to figure out how to create 2 4" steps down into a family room on an otherwise single floor layout. I can use shapes to create the steps, but how do I make the floor 8" lower in just the one room?

2) Similar to the challenge inside the house, there are just a few steps up to the house from the yard in both the front and the back. How can I make just 3 steps to the front porch to the single level house?

Eureka! I found a suggestion in another post that worked like a charm. (new story 8" deep, ceiling opening, building blocks for steps) After a little experimentation, both challenges are solved!!
johntippins

Re: How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

Postby johntippins » January 23rd, 2018, 2:41 pm

I have the same issue. I've followed your suggestion, but I can't elevate the 'basement' to get it a few inches below the 'ground floor'. I'd be grateful if you could explain how you did this or post the link to the article that helped you. Thanks

Return to “Live Home 3D”