Two buildings with different floor heights on same plan

Mooster

Two buildings with different floor heights on same plan

Postby Mooster » October 21st, 2017, 7:08 am

Hi

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to draw two separate buildings that have different floor heights on the same, flat section.

The floor of my house sits on a timber foundation and is roughly 600mm above the ground. My garage is a much newer and completely separate building that sits on a concrete slab that is only about 100mm above the ground. The software seems to assume that I only have one building on the site, so changing the Elevation and Foundation settings affects BOTH buildings (meaning my garage floor is 600mm high, just like my house). Surely there is a way around this?

Thanks.
Mooster

Re: Two buildings with different floor heights on same plan

Postby Mooster » October 25th, 2017, 2:28 am

Nobody knows how to achieve this??? I'm guessing that means it's actually not possible, which would be more than a little disappointing.
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » October 25th, 2017, 7:29 am

To do that, you should add an additional floor. Its height will be equal to the difference between your floors. Then draw a ceiling opening in it to make two floors look like one.
Mooster

Postby Mooster » October 25th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Thanks, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Can you please clarify? When you say to add an additional FLOOR, do you mean add an additional STORY?

Is there any chance you could do up a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the process? It would be much appreciated.

MV
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » October 26th, 2017, 9:30 am

The program does not allow you to set up the wall height directly. All Story Walls on each story have the same height equal to the story height. To change it, use the Building Properties tab in the Inspector. The height of a Loft Wall is limited by the roof located on the same story above the wall. If there is no roof, the height of a Loft Wall is equal to the story height.
To create a short wall, add a Building Block of the appropriate size. It is important to note that you will not be able to install any object like a door or opening into a Building Block. Building Blocks cannot connect to walls.

Now back to my previous post.
Below we have two 1-story sample rooms.

I've added two additional stories:

Next, I've drawn a ceiling opening in one building:

After that, one room will look taller than the other:

Return to “Live Home 3D”