Attaching imported objects to a wall

PGHinTX

Attaching imported objects to a wall

Postby PGHinTX » May 16th, 2017, 9:42 pm

I would like to add an attic vent to a gable; also a lantern to an exterior wall. I found both such objects from the menu: Import/Trimble 3D Warehouse. They download OK, but I cannot figure out how to insert the attic vent in the gable; nor how to attach the lantern to an exterior wall. Both of these downloaded objects just pass through the walls (and they also are close to the ground and can't be raised). Can the Trimble objects be attached through or onto walls?

Paul
VirtHome

Re: Attaching imported objects to a wall

Postby VirtHome » May 31st, 2017, 3:51 am

Hi Paul,
When importing objects from Trimble they sometimes download without you be able to resize or elevate the object. To get around this click on the object and go to 'Arrange' on your menu bar, once the menu drops down choose 'merge'. This will now give the object properties so you can elevate, resize and glue your object into your plan by using the inspector.
PGHinTX

Postby PGHinTX » June 1st, 2017, 6:43 pm

Dear VirtHome,

First, thanks for replying with suggestions about my question!

I tried following your advice, but the "Merge option is grey'ed out under "Arrange", and not selectable. Attached is a screen shot showing how I would like to place the "round attic vent" (found on Trimble) into (onto) the gable over the garage.

screenshot_3618 copy.jpg
screenshot_3618 copy.jpg (125.28 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
DimA

Postby DimA » June 11th, 2017, 3:35 am

Hello Paul!

If you would like just hung your object on a wall then you have 'Glue by' option from 'bottom' to 'back' see more here: https://www.livehome3d.com/support/lh3d-help/objects_furniture.html

If your imported object is a kind of window then you have to change its type to 'Window' using Type&Representation dialog:
https://www.livehome3d.com/support/lh3d ... ation.html
PGHinTX

Postby PGHinTX » June 12th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Thank you! The "Glue by" worked to set the attic vent onto the wall (instead of through it); and then reading about CMD/ALT solved my problem with raising it higher than the ground floor (onto the roof gable)! I appreciate your help!!

Return to “Live Home 3D”