How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

dabbler

How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

Postby dabbler » October 29th, 2017, 12:51 pm

We recently purchased a new house and I am trying to make a floor plan to help with furniture layout, etc. before we move in next month. Most of it is pretty simple, but I have two challenges:
1) I am trying to figure out how to create 2 4" steps down into a family room on an otherwise single floor layout. I can use shapes to create the steps, but how do I make the floor 8" lower in just the one room?
genMid.ML81679066_8_3.jpg
genMid.ML81679066_8_3.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 108 times

2) Similar to the challenge inside the house, there are just a few steps up to the house from the yard in both the front and the back. How can I make just 3 steps to the front porch to the single level house?
dabbler

Re: How to? single floor home with one 'step-down' room

Postby dabbler » October 29th, 2017, 4:11 pm

dabbler wrote:We recently purchased a new house and I am trying to make a floor plan to help with furniture layout, etc. before we move in next month. Most of it is pretty simple, but I have two challenges:
1) I am trying to figure out how to create 2 4" steps down into a family room on an otherwise single floor layout. I can use shapes to create the steps, but how do I make the floor 8" lower in just the one room?

2) Similar to the challenge inside the house, there are just a few steps up to the house from the yard in both the front and the back. How can I make just 3 steps to the front porch to the single level house?

Eureka! I found a suggestion in another post that worked like a charm. (new story 8" deep, ceiling opening, building blocks for steps) After a little experimentation, both challenges are solved!!

Return to “Live Home 3D”