Avery Labels

SteveTchudi

Avery Labels

Postby SteveTchudi » November 15th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Printworks does not contain templates for all Avery Labels. I've been trying to create a customized label for Avery 22804 2,5 x 1.5 ovals, 12 to the page. I start with one of the Round Templates in Printworks and customize, entering carefully measured margins, horiz spacing, vertical space, length and width. Two problems:

1. As carefully as I measure, the ovals seem to creep down the page, so many labels are slightly off center.

2. Despite the measurement, I don't get ovals. This might have something to do with inner and outer radius at the bottom of the customize page, but I cannot finding anything in the manuals that explain what this means.

Thanks. Help appreciated.
Nick

Re: Avery Labels

Postby Nick » November 17th, 2014, 7:25 am

Hi Steve,

Avery web site suggests that there are 18 labels per page, not 12 as you wrote:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Marketing-Solutions/Easy-Peel%28R%29-Permanent-Glossy-White-Oval-Labels-Laser-InkJet-1_.5inx2_.5in-Print_To_The_Edge_22804.htm?N=0&Ns=&refchannel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD

Maybe you need to recheck either your paper layout or paper name.

If speaking about your problems:
The shape of labels in your paper template may be a bit different from actual labels. This can be crucial only if you have an image in the background, or an outline that should be aligned to the label edge. If your label design contains only text somewhere in the middle, you just need to be sure it is properly centered.

You can use one of standard oval labels you create Avery 22804. For instance, use Ace Label 969 Series.

Nick
SteveTchudi

Postby SteveTchudi » November 17th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply.

My error on the number of labels per page--they are 3 wide, which makes 3 x 6 = 18. Apologies.

The "creep" is still something of a problem, even with text that doesn't reach the edge of the label. I am going to fiddle with the vertical spacing dimensions, adding a fraction of an inch or so to see if that helps. I will also check ACE 969.

I have also discovered that Avery's backing sheet extends a little beyond the labels, which can throw off top and side margins.

Thank you for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 18th, 2014, 3:54 am

The program has a printer calibration feature (File > Calibrate Printer). Print the calibration sheet on Avery 22804 with the same printing setting you are going to use to print you labels. I suppose, you already have unsuccessfully printed a few pages. You can use them for calibration to save blank sheets.

Nick

Return to “Printworks”