Please make compatible with mac

garethsnaim

Please make compatible with mac

Postby garethsnaim » April 22nd, 2016, 3:13 am

Hi.

Firstly well done on the windows version, its a pleasure to use on a surface 4, its great when I am out and about to be able to create a layout as I see it.

However back at home I like to use my mac pro to finish off, add stuff from sketchup etc, export for rendering, which is not easy on surface.

Although it does open on the mac, the 2d version, all the lines of walls etc are there but invisible. This just seems like a bug to me.

Please get on and make the two compatible, its essential to my work flow, and I cannot see any reason why simple issues like these cannot be fixed. The windows version has been out a long while now, you must be aware of the incompatibles by now.
Nick

Re: Please make compatible with mac

Postby Nick » April 25th, 2016, 6:49 am

Hi,

Sorry for this trouble. I'll pass all the details to the developers.

In my test, the project created on Windows looked in the Mac version as an empty one. Nevertheless, objects were present in the Project Tree. To make them visible on the floor plan, the following did work.

Walls:
Select all walls in the Project Tree. In the 2D Properties tab of the Inspector, activate the Stroke option.

Doors and Windows:
Same as for walls.

Furniture:
Switch the 2D Representation from Vector Shape to Auto-Generated. Two ways are possible. You can select objects in the Project Tree and set the 2D Representation in the 2D Properties tab of the Inspector. Another way is to choose View > 2D Representations > Auto-Generated in the menu. The second way will also affect the floor which may not be necessary.

Vector images selected as 2D Representation weren't visible on the floor plan.

Keep a backup copy of your project on the Windows machine. There is a possibility that a project re-saved on Mac will not open correctly on Windows.

Nick
garethsnaim

Postby garethsnaim » April 26th, 2016, 6:36 am

OK thanks for that I will give it a go.

Also there are other issues. For instance I can open a project with my own items in from sketchup, they load fine in the project, however if I copy one of thos items and paste into a new project, it will not do so.

Also I can find no way of importing a sketch up file? It seems silly I can download from trimble but cannot import my own?
Nick

Postby Nick » April 27th, 2016, 4:25 am

[quot]Also there are other issues. For instance I can open a project with my own items in from sketchup, they load fine in the project, however if I copy one of thos items and paste into a new project, it will not do so.[/quot]
A couple of SketchUp objects I picked at random from Warehouse were copied to another project with no problem. Maybe those you couldn't copy are defected. Please send a sample project with such an object to test copying to support@belightsoft.com and mention this topic in your email.

[quot]Also I can find no way of importing a sketch up file? It seems silly I can download from trimble but cannot import my own?[/quot]
There are two ways to import a model from a file. The simplest is to drag and drop an object file from Finder into your project. Another way is to choose File > Import 3D Object from the menu.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D for Windows”