Art Text trial to full version paid App( Licensed app not co

silverbearstudio

Postby silverbearstudio » March 10th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Downloaded Windows 8 trial version, then purchased full license. upon download of full version, I deleted trial version as I had copied worked performed in the trial version software. When I opened full version, it appears to have copied the trial version and will not show the full version home screen. Specifically, there are no templates, no tool bar that shows "design" as a tool bar option, basically, it is the trial version. I have deleted the file, rebooted, reinstalled the app. I rebooted with the app installed, hoping it would update. I can not get the full license App to show. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » March 11th, 2014, 7:04 am

Hi,

Try this. Open the Store, log in and make sure that there is no Buy button on the Art Text page. This means that the program has already purchased using your account. Then delete Art Text and install it again from the scratch.

The toolbar also called app bar can be hidden. To show it again, swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. If the toolbar is missing because some program resources weren't installed successfully, reinstalling the program can help.

Nick
silverbearstudio

Postby silverbearstudio » March 12th, 2014, 7:03 am

Hi Nick: I must say that I am truly impressed with your quick response to my post. That type of customer service and professionalism is rare these days over application developers. More impressively is the fact you are a continent away. Thank you, so very much for your support and service.

Now, to my issue. I did as you requested, but to no avail. The full software still reflects the trial version. I wanted to give you specific differences in the two programs screen, so I reinstalled the trial version app. Ironically, the trial version app is now the full version screen, and completely interactive. Some crossover has occurred, and it appears to be working. Also, I wanted to inform you that on the forum sign-up, your form does not request a password creation, but sends you directly to login when you complete the form. It is necessary to select the "forgot password" at sign in, and you've got to use your code to enter the forum. Although I went in to change the password, upon attempting to login to reply to this forum, your site would not accept my password and requested that I needed to resent the password. Was a little time consuming to access your site. I'll let you know if I run into any bugs working on the "full trial version" of the app. Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » March 12th, 2014, 9:38 am

Hi,

It seems like the Store, Windows or Art Text itself has confused the two versions: full (that is trial before buying a license) and free. I'll give all details to the developers. Maybe they will be able to find out how that happened.

The forum engine doesn't let a new user login right away, but sends a verification email. It is needed to access the forum for the first time. Then you can login using your user name and password by clicking the Login link on the main page.

Nick

Return to “Art Text for Windows”