RV crashes when trying to view certain files, like a picture

ajoyce

Postby ajoyce » June 10th, 2011, 10:06 am

I have over 4 GB of space available on my ipod touch. I installed the app and server and tried to view a jpeg file that was on my laptop. The file was only about 500 K. But, the view worked a bit at it and then dumped me back at the home screen. I tried some other jpegs and got the same result. None of the pictures I tried were over 500K.

I'm using 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I tried to open a couple of pdf files that I had made with my Fujitsu scansnap scanner and got the same result - dumping back on the home screen. That wasn't true, however, of pdf files I had made by exporting from a program like Adobe indesign.

Art
Nick

Postby Nick » June 14th, 2011, 6:41 am

Hi,

1. Probably the image format causes the problem. Please send a sample image to support@belightsoft.com
Create a screen shot on your Mac by pressing Cmd-Shift-3. It will be saved to your Desktop. Then on iPod navigate to the created screen shot and see how it is displayed in Remote Viewer.

2. On your computer, open the folder containing the JPEGs you tried to preview. Select one in the Finder and click the Quick Look button in the toolbar. Will the image be displayed correctly?

3. Probably iOS has added error messages into the log.

To get the log from iOS:
1. Sync the iOS device with the Mac.
2. Go to this folder
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
Here you will find a folder named as your iOS device. The log can be in it. Please send it to support@belightsoft.com

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » June 15th, 2011, 7:13 am

Hi,

Thank you for all details. It seems that large images cause crashes. We are going to fix this problem in the next version.

Nick

Return to “Remote Viewer”