Emptying Trash not freeing space...Concealer responsible?

cannibal_vegetable

Postby cannibal_vegetable » October 6th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been using Concealer for about 9 months and love it. I've never had an issue with deleting files before, but I'm in the midst of clearing out a lot of large video files, and emptying my trash does not seem to free up space on my computer. All the files I'm erasing are on a file in Concealer, and I'm wondering if this is the issue. I've tried emptying the trash in Concealer, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Never had this problem.

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i5, running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

Thanks!

Emily
Nick

Postby Nick » October 7th, 2012, 12:32 am

Hi Emily,

Try to reboot the computer after clearing the Trash in Concealer. If this doesn't help, create a new file storage in the program and move all files from the current storage to the new one. Then make sure that these files are accessible. After this delete the old file storage.

For higher security, create a backup copy of your storage on another drive if you have an external one before making the procedure above. You need to create a duplicate of your card repository. The Backing up Your Card Repository page in the Help explains how to find this repository. Later you can delete the backup, or, what is better, keep it permanently.

Nick
jayse

Postby jayse » November 19th, 2012, 11:11 am

Ditto. I rebooted, copied, deleted.... still 120 Gig space occupied! I uninstalled Concealer and deleted the concealer bundle, emptied the trash. Still no change.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 20th, 2012, 3:57 am

Hi jayse,

Files added to Concealer are stored in the repository along this path:
~/Library/Application Support/Concealer/Concealer.bundle

The cache is located here:
~/Library/Caches/com.belightsoft.Concealer

The location of the program and preferences are:
Applications/Concealer.app
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.Concealer.plist

If all these files are deleted and the Trash is emptied, it's not Concealer who takes 120 Gig space.

You can use one of utilities that list large files located on your drive to find unnecessary ones.

Nick

Return to “Concealer”