How to change a tag (project name)

Daveypez

How to change a tag (project name)

Postby Daveypez » February 12th, 2015, 1:25 pm

At the bottom of the main Get Backup2 screen is a list of the projects that I've set up.

I have to change the name of one of mine and the Help file says I just click on it. However, nothing happens when I click on an existing project.

If I click on 'New synchronize project' it moves to the top/front but I can't give it a name. If I click on it nothing happens.

This is so counter-intuitive I assume it's just bugged software.

How do you name projects? Is there a work-around?

I'm running Version 2.6.1 (615)
Nick

Re: How to change a tag (project name)

Postby Nick » February 13th, 2015, 3:55 am

Hi Daveypez,

Get Backup doesn't allow to rename projects.

Nick
Daveypez

Postby Daveypez » February 13th, 2015, 9:16 am

That's absolutely nuts! The project list gives names but the user can't add one or change one?

If I can't change a name can I add a name when starting a new project?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 13th, 2015, 10:52 am

The first time you run synchronization or backup, the program lets you choose the project name.

Nick
Daveypez

Postby Daveypez » February 14th, 2015, 1:03 pm

OK it seems I'll have to delete my existing projects and start again! But it seems that won't work for more than one project as I had one project already and found I couldn't name a second one as I set it up.

DO I have to put up with having a series of mystery projects with just one of them having a sensible name?

Can't believe MacFormat recommended this app - must write to them
Nick

Postby Nick » February 16th, 2015, 3:30 am

Hi

OK it seems I'll have to delete my existing projects and start again! But it seems that won't work for more than one project as I had one project already and found I couldn't name a second one as I set it up.

The program lets you add multiple projects. A new project remains named as "New backup project" until you click on the blue button or choose Backup > Start Backup from the menu. The Properties doesn't have any edit box to input the project name at earlier stage.

DO I have to put up with having a series of mystery projects with just one of them having a sensible name?

There is no mystery in naming projects. The default project name coincides with the name of the first file/folder listed in the project. This is reasonable when you backing up a single folder such as Documents. If the user wants to change the nae, there is a possibility before creating the first backup archive.

Nick

Return to “Get Backup”