Notification

thunderbucket

Notification

Postby thunderbucket » June 25th, 2014, 8:05 am

Hi Nick...

I see that there have been several requests over the years for some form of Notification system in Get Backup 2. The only response I can find, however, was an indication in 2008 that it might be included in a future revision...

Like most people, I set up backup routines and then leave them - checking occasionally. And it is not unusual to find that, for one reason or another, backups are often NOT proceeding properly. Even the juggernaut Apple Time Machine has failed for me; but it has no notification system I can find. So it would be a real 'shout it from the rooftops' advantage for Get Backup 2 if it could send notifications.

Ideally, for me, there would be three configurable categories; a) on success, b) warning & c) failure. And (a) to be further configurable so, for example a notification would only be sent after every n successful completions.

I'm sure there are reasons that this is very complicated - but that's what you guys do best!

Kind regards
JB
thunderbucket

Re: Notification

Postby thunderbucket » June 26th, 2014, 4:24 am

As an afterthought; if an intelligent Notification system is not on the cards; how about simply mailing the log on a weekly basis?

JB
Nick

Postby Nick » June 28th, 2014, 9:45 am

Hi JB,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll pass it to the developers.

Nick
kharris

Postby kharris » February 24th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Is there any progress on having notifications available yet?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2015, 3:26 am

Hi,

Sending notifications is not scheduled for the following update.

Nick

Return to “Get Backup”