Slope ceiling? Easy!

Ajax

Slope ceiling? Easy!

Postby Ajax » April 27th, 2011, 6:17 am

Here is a short video showing all three methods of creating one.

Please note that 2nd method (using wall panel) won't work in Standard edition since there is no way to edit panels' shape, only sizes, thus it will be similar to using blocks from the 1st method.

** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
marksaund

Postby marksaund » February 26th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Fantastic.....thanks!!!! It looks like you could use the wall opening method to create sloping terrain too (with the contour points)....which is just what I need.
Nancy

Postby Nancy » March 11th, 2014, 7:07 am

Hi... the third method applies to what I want to do with a vaulted ceiling. The problem I have is that the open attic space is also opening up in sections of the attached attic for the "wings" of the house. I only want open space in one room only.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 11th, 2014, 7:47 am

Hi Nancy,

Can you show some pictures of the roof you are going to create? Without them it is difficult to suggest anything concrete.

Nick
Nancy

Postby Nancy » March 11th, 2014, 8:53 am

I can't figure out how to submit a photo... sorry. I searched "post photo" but that didn't work.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 12th, 2014, 3:36 am

To show a picture here, you should upload it to some file or image sharing site, and post the link between two tags as in this example:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.example.com/picture.jpg[/img]

Nick
userLI3Dpro

Postby userLI3Dpro » March 12th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Hi Nick
I sent to You a few days ago foto of house with project in LI 3D pro and wating for some help.
Can You help me?

Robert
Nick

Postby Nick » March 13th, 2014, 5:19 am

Hi Robert,

Sorry for not replying you immediately. I'm checking my google mail not very frequently. It is better to post your questions on the forum.

Your solution with a 120cm storey won't work very well because the program doesn't allow you install a window or door in two walls at the same time, for example, two of them on the left side of the first floor with a balcony.

To create a straight wall, you can add one more roof segment and change its type to Gable as shown in this picture:

Generally, I don't see any way to create an exact model of our roof in Live Interior. There can be a combination of several workarounds applied to different roof parts.

One of ways is to add a hip roof as the base. Then add a dormer and customize its size. Since the dormer cannot be added to a gable part of the roof, I'm afraid it cannot be combined with the method illustrated above. The best approximation I managed to create was emailed to you.

To create a balcony, I added a custom floor. The program has built a auto roof atop. To "remove" it, I made if almost horizontal. The lowest angle supported for slopes is 3 degrees. All the rest its sides were converted to gables.

Nick
Nancy

Postby Nancy » March 13th, 2014, 10:40 am

Hi Nick,

Here is the photo the vaulted ceiling in the living room:

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/nancybucket60/media/vaultedceiling_zps62dff120.jpg.html

Here is a photo of the roof:

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/nancybucket60/media/roof_zpsb418048d.jpg.html

I want a vaulted ceiling in the living room; you can see that the vaulted ceiling encompasses both the living room and the porch. On the roof photo, the living room is behind where the park bench is. I do want a vaulted ceiling in both porches on either side, but going 90 degrees the other way, and separate from the living room.

Nancy.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 14th, 2014, 4:29 am

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for pictures.

To separate the living room from the porches, you can use Loft walls. To select this wall type, use the first tab of the Inspector. The Loft wall height is defined by the shape of the roof.

Honestly, I what way exactly you wish to modify your roof. To convert a vertical side to sloped and vice versa, you should choose the roof segment type either Slope or Gable.

Nick
Nancy

Postby Nancy » March 14th, 2014, 11:05 am

Thank you Nick, for your help... it worked.

I'm designing our own house, and then taking screen shots to an architect who makes certain it will all work in real life. This is a great tool for "seeing" what something should look like in the end. It's quite possible our roof line will not work in real life, but at least the architect will know what we're thinking of and can adjust it accordingly.

Nancy.
userLI3Dpro

Postby userLI3Dpro » March 22nd, 2014, 6:23 am

Hi Nick

Thank you for your suggestions for my project. I see that big trouble is the lack of opportunities to build walls of different heights on one floor. Are you planning to add this?

The use of roof elements to symalucji walls is always an option for now, but how to set the height of such a roof at 350 cm? Currently, I set to 205.7 cm?

Robert
Nick

Postby Nick » March 22nd, 2014, 11:49 am

Hi Robert,

In the near future, we don't plan to support short walls. For a workaround, you can draw a custom floor, and increase its Elevation property in the Inspector.

The Inspector lets you input the height of roof segments except for the upper on each roof side. The upper segment height is calculated upon its angle, and the angle of the opposite roof side.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D”