Environment window

alanwilter

Postby alanwilter » May 22nd, 2010, 1:07 pm

I am finding very useful the Environment Window, so I can see how the sunlight will hit our house to the point of even evaluating solar panels.

However, although I can adjust orientation, latitude (could it be precise, I mean, with degrees showing? same for compass) and time, I would like to know which day of the year is used. I mean, is it summer (clearly no winter) solstice, or a equinox day?

It would nice also to be able to adjust the day of the year too.

Thanks

Alan
Nick

Postby Nick » May 25th, 2010, 4:18 am

Hi Alan,

Maybe in the future we'll add the possibility to set up the date or month in the Environment window.

Nick
wilbanja

Postby wilbanja » October 7th, 2012, 4:00 am

Hi Nick,

I did not see an answer in the forum for Alan's question above. Exactly what date or time of year is used for the sunlight settings corresponding to the geographic location?

I am very interested in seeing the sun location at different times of the year (passive solar design).

I am wondering if a work-around could be to change the latitude to correspond to different times of the year?

Thanks,
Joe
Nick

Postby Nick » October 10th, 2012, 6:48 am

Hi Joi

The current date is always May 5 what is near from the vernal equinox. There is no way to change the date. I've added your comment to our list of feature requests.

Nick
wilbanja

Postby wilbanja » October 10th, 2012, 7:42 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your rapid response. You replied May 5, but also said near the vernal equinox. Normally, the vernal (spring equinox) is usually around March 20-21. Did you mean March 5?

Thanks,
Joe
Nick

Postby Nick » October 10th, 2012, 8:01 am

Sorry, I was wrong about the equinox. The date is correct.

Nick
Natron

Re: Environment window

Postby Natron » April 13th, 2018, 1:09 am

Hello.
I'm also interested in passive solar design. Any progress on allowing a change in the date from May 5 to another date? Previous post was 6 years ago...
Thanks,
Nathan

Return to “Live Interior 3D”