Foundation and Elevation Question

Rebecca7932

Foundation and Elevation Question

Postby Rebecca7932 » October 9th, 2014, 10:24 pm

I am currently working on a project of a house with a detached garage. The house itself is on an raised foundation of approximately 3 feet. However the garage is directly on the ground. How can I make the house raised but the detached garage/outbuilding not raised? I am relatively new to this program, I would appreciate any help and I hope my question makes sense!
Nick

Re: Foundation and Elevation Question

Postby Nick » October 10th, 2014, 4:36 am

Hi

The program doesn't allow to create such buildings directly. One of workarounds is to use the possibility to change the level of floors and ceilings in individual rooms. To do this, you need to draw a custom floor or ceiling over the automatic one, and change its Elevation parameter in the Inspector. This tool is described on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/liveinterior/LI3DProHelp/objects_ceilings_floors.html

As with most workarounds, you need to find a compromise. Here you have to choose whether the interior or exterior is more important in your project. If, for instance, only exterior is needed, the floor levels in the house and garage don't matter, and therefore changing the floor elevation is not necessary.

Nick
Rebecca7932

Postby Rebecca7932 » October 12th, 2014, 4:33 pm

Thank you for the help!
sirjeffington

Postby sirjeffington » January 17th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Hello,

I saw that this thread was a few years old and was wondering if there were any new solutions to this problem. I am in the process of replicating my home and detached garage which sit a different elevations due to the slope of my yard. Ideally, I could create two separate buildings with their own ground floor and subsequent stories. Is this function yet available? Additionally, I attempted to create custom floor and walls then raise them to the appropriate elevation but I was unable to change the elevation of the walls to match. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 18th, 2017, 5:04 am

Hi,

There is no new features in the program related to this issue. You can read older discussions for possible workarounds. Within a project, all independent buildings will have the same story height set in the Inspector.

To create a garage, you can try to use roof segments instead of walls. Vertical roof segments can be customized to have the height you need. In order to see how this works, create a new project. Draw a custom floor and add an autoroof on the current story. You can choose the Shed roof type. Then you can modify the roof to make it look as the garage. The Inspector lets you set up the height of vertical roof segments. Some examples of what can be done with a roof are on this page: http://www.belightsoft.com/products/liveinterior/LI3DProHelp/roofs_change_style.html. Then you can try to repeat the same in your working project.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D”