Problem and solution: App store Art Text was showing as Inst

Plucker

Postby Plucker » February 24th, 2011, 11:12 am

I had installed a trial version of Art Text 2 (On a MacBook Pro under OS X 10.6.6) and was impressed. Having just bought a new printer I went ahead and bought Printfolio and then decided I wanted the full version of Art Text Pro.

So I went back to the Apple App Store to buy it but it was showing as installed and wouldn't let me buy it (at the nicely reduced price of $19.99/£11.99).

So I uninstalled the demo from my applications folder - still showing as installed on the App Store.

In the end I moved the Art Text 2 app from the Applications/Printfolio Units to the Trash and then went back to the App Store and managed to buy the App as it wasn't showing as installed any more.

Then I moved the Art Text 2 app back from the trash to Applications/Printfolio Units.

And all seems to work fine.

Later I wondered if I needed both versions so I deleted the Applications/Printfolio Units one again and all still seems to work OK. I can call up Art Text from within the Printfolio Apps and also run it standalone.

Have I done this right? Don't know but it seemed to work and got me out of an annoying hole.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 24th, 2011, 11:29 am

Hi Plucker,

Everything should be alright since Art Text works well. It's normal that you had to delete the trial version before installing Art Text from App Store.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”