Art Text 2 font problem

greysonmorrow

Postby greysonmorrow » February 1st, 2011, 6:00 pm

I have been using Art Text a lot lately and have noticed 1 major bug in the system. The first layer you add as text works perfect. You can select what font size you would like and works excellent.

When I add a second template for text then this is where the font has a problem. It will not get smaller then the previous font. I have an example of what I mean below.

1st layer has text with font size 48 on it.
2nd layer is added and font size is set to 9 but it is the same size as the 48 size font on the 1st layer.

What I have to do to fix this is on the 2nd layer put a letter in it and make it the biggest font size (288) and then create another layer from that layer and it will be back to normal.

So if I want 4 layers of text I will essentially have to create 7 layers. This doesn't seem like the program should operate like this.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 2nd, 2011, 4:22 am

Hi,

It's not actually a bug. The size of letters can differ from the respective font size. You can change the text size by dragging the corner handle of the text bound. The font size will remain constant.

To make text correspond the font size, select its layer and click the Use Font Size button in the Geometry tab (Cmd-2).

Nick

Return to “Art Text”