Adding Type-How does it work?

jodyjoy

Adding Type-How does it work?

Postby jodyjoy » May 12th, 2016, 9:18 pm

You know Art Text 2 had a simple text box you could click on and add to the canvas. I just downloaded Art Text 3 and have spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how text moves from the inspector to the canvas. There's a tiny white box in the lower left hand corner and I "think" something that might be text appears inside it, but dragging it to the main canvas area is not doing anything. The Help menu is no help. There isn't even a how-to explanation of how to add text. This entire program is dedicated to text effects and the very first and most basic step - how to actually add it to the canvas is missing. This is one of those things where the developer is too close to his project to see it from the user perspective.

Having a Text tool to click on to add a text box was SO easy and intuitive. In this version I can't figure out how to even begin.
Nick

Re: Adding Type-How does it work?

Postby Nick » May 13th, 2016, 7:15 am

Hi,

To add text, you should click the '+' button below the canvas and choose either the '2D Text' or '3D Text' option. These commands add the default text. To edit text, use the text editor in the Inspector.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”