Art Text exporting blank files

organicman

Postby organicman » July 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm

I am on an iBook G4, running Leopard 10.5.8. I have used Art Text with no problems for a long time.

SUDDENLY, today, after creating and saving and exporting a number of graphics with no problems, I can no longer successfully EXPORT any graphics. The exported files are all BLANK.

I tried deleting the com.belightsoft.ArtText2.plist file. That did not work. I tried uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling Art Text 2.4. That did not work. I tried creating brand new projects in the reinstalled Art Text. That did not work.

Art Text is now UNUSABLE for me! Please help!!

NOTE: I got a fast email reply from Alexander at Support, who advised me to install 2.4.1. But that version does NOT work on a G4 Mac. So I am still stuck and need further help.
Last edited by organicman on July 15th, 2012, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » July 15th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Hi organicman
Try to open one of the BeLight templates, don't make any change, just export it (to different formats) and open the result(s) in Preview.
Does it work?
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » July 16th, 2012, 2:54 am

Hi organicman

Please explain what is a blank file. Does the image have the fully white or black or transparent background?

Did you export to a file or clipboard? Check if the alternative way works.

What format did you choose to export if you exported to a file? Try another format.

Nick
hmazzuto

Re: Art Text exporting blank files

Postby hmazzuto » August 21st, 2017, 8:25 pm

This is happening to me now. Long story short, I had to reinstall Art Text 3, and when I export to a clipboard and try to paste into a Pages document, it shows up as a blank white file.
captionlilly

Postby captionlilly » March 5th, 2018, 11:30 pm

...and I get same blank page when printing or exporting to pdf. Exporting to png works, but colors are not consistent with my original art text image.
Logano22

Postby Logano22 » March 10th, 2018, 4:56 pm

captionlilly wrote:...and I get same blank page when printing or exporting to pdf. Exporting to png works, but colors are not consistent with my original art text image.

I too am experiencing issues in color consistency when exporting to file when compared to what is show on the Art Text 3 canvas. Most noticeably when using layers as Masks.

This is the Art Text 3 project. There are 2 layers using Masks. Note the rich brown color of the wood mask + brown layer underneath.
Test.jpg
Test.jpg (138.76 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

This is the exported file from the above Art Text 3 project. Note the brown color is way.. off and the gray is also incorrect.
Test2.jpg
Test2.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

Also, when I export layers that include a Mask layer to clipboard then paste it into another program, it appears as either a white image or totally transparent. When exporting layers WITHOUT a Mask layer, it works perfectly.
paulbax

Postby paulbax » March 18th, 2018, 6:47 pm

ME TOO!

Also, how do I make the white patch where the lettering is in ART TEXT bigger?

Return to “Art Text”