Splitting a letting?

tvr4

Postby tvr4 » October 30th, 2011, 7:01 pm

I want to split the letter H so the first leg of the H looks like an 'i' can someone pls tell me how i would do this?

if you don't understand what im trying to do pls look at my website www.ianhoughton.com and you'll see the logo there, im trying to improve the look of the 'H'

Thank you very much!
dahall

Postby dahall » October 30th, 2011, 8:25 pm

tvr4,
If you post an email address or send me an email at dhallentrprises@gmail.com, I will send you an Art Test file I created that should be what you are looking for.
Also, to do this you edit the letter H in Layer Content with Edit as Shape function. You will delete the points you do not want and that will leave one piece of the shape. You repeat this to create the other piece of the shape.
You should then have two layers that can be manipulated individually.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 31st, 2011, 7:26 am

Hi tvr4,

There are several ways to create this logo.

A quite simple way is to screen a part of H with a rectangle, then select both, and choose Layers > Subtract.

Nick
tvr4

Postby tvr4 » October 31st, 2011, 9:20 am

ok I've done that now how do i save it as a high resolution image with a transparent background to use on the website?

I've tried a few ways but it seems to loose image quality when i export it. I want to be able to resize it any size i want and retain image quality?
Nick

Postby Nick » October 31st, 2011, 11:13 am

"I want to be able to resize it any size i want and retain image quality?"
Only vector images can resize this way (in PDF format, for example). Web pages are mostly created using raster graphics. You need to decide what format you need.

When you choose a raster format, you should know that JPEG is better for photos (better compression, good quality), and PNG and GIF can be better for logos or images with sharp edges. Export to each format with the same resolution and copmare the results. Note that JPEG has compression/quality property.

When you are exporting to a file, you can set up the resolution and file format.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”