New Feature ? on 2.4

lemuelj

Postby lemuelj » August 29th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Can some one explain what this means

Introduced the ability to split or edit shapes consisting of combined layers;

I get the splitting text ok, but could not figure out how to use this?
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » August 30th, 2011, 4:18 am

Hi lemuelj
Before AT v2.4, there was no way to edit layer as shape if this layer was made by combining multiple layers (using Union, Join…). This is now possible.
It is also possible, now, to revert to the original layers at any time… unless you've edited this layer as a shape!
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » August 30th, 2011, 5:26 am

Hi,

The previous version could split a word or text into parts or individual letters. The current update gives you the possibility to split the layers which were previously merged by using the Union, Join, Subtract and Intersect commands.

Splitting text can be used to apply different effects (colors, distortion and so on) to its parts.

Splitting layers introduced in 2.4 is the reverse operation to merging. It's up to you to decide how to use this tool. For example, if one needs to merge layers in a different way, using Undo is not always helpful when you with to keep certain modifications not related to these layers.

And as Jean-Jacques has noted, the added ability to edit combined layers in the vector editor is definitely useful feature.

Nick
lemuelj

Postby lemuelj » August 30th, 2011, 6:55 am

Ok, thanks. I was trying to see the split shapes by right clicking on the layer for the joined shapes. Just saw the split function in the shape information panel. This program just gets better all the time. Thanks.

Return to “Art Text”