DPI for Art Text

catsklgd1

Postby catsklgd1 » June 26th, 2011, 11:34 am

Does anyone know what DPI Art Text is when it is saved as part of a Swift Publisher document as PDF? Or as a JPEG?
Joe the Author
Nick

Postby Nick » June 27th, 2011, 5:04 am

Hi catsklgd1,

The image resolution doesn't depend on the format.

DPI of the image already inserted in Swift Publisher:
1. Right-click on the image and in the context menu select Edit Image. Then click the Size button. Remember the image dimensions in pixels. For example, it's 300 pixels (one of sides). Click Cancel, and Cancel again.
2. Open the Preferences (Cmd-,) and set Measurement Units to Inches. Close.
3. Open the Geometry tab of the Inspector (Cmd-1). Find out the image size in inches. For example, 4.17 in (the same image side).
4. Divide the value in pixels by the value in inches. For example, 300 / 4.17 = 71.9
That is 72 dpi.

Note that the resolution you have calculated is valid for the current image size. If you resize the image in Swift Publisher, the resolution will change.

You can set up the image resolution in Art Text using the Preferences dialog (Cmd-,). After pasting the image using LinkBack or the clipboard, in Swift Publisher you should set the same image size as in Art Text to get the same resolution. To do this, switch the Swift Publisher's measurement units to points. Then use the Inspector to input the image size.

Nick
catsklgd1

Postby catsklgd1 » June 27th, 2011, 10:00 am

Thanks a million, Nick. I copied and pasted your answer to a nice, big piece of paper, and when I have some time later, I will try it. I really appreciate your help.

Joe
Joe the Author

Return to “Art Text”