Dymo LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo NO PRINTING!!! Help

sonia1492

Postby sonia1492 » February 26th, 2011, 10:56 am

HI
I just got the software and I am trying to print a mailings address labels to my DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo but it is not printing. I think the software would help better than the DYMO label software for our needs but it needs to able to print...
PLEASE HELP!
Nick

Postby Nick » February 28th, 2011, 5:59 am

Hi,

What are the versions of Mac OS and Labels & Addresses on your computer?

What happens when you click Print? Does the printer do anything? Do you receive any error messages?

What type of paper is selected in the program? Is the same paper type in the printer?

Can you print on labels of another paper roll?

Try to print again in order to refresh the console log. Than send the log to support@belightsoft.com

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose File > Open Console Log. Then choose File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick
sonia1492

Postby sonia1492 » March 16th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Mac OS = 10.6.6
Label & Addresses = 1.5.5
DYMO label = 30252

I choose the label on the layout so I was able to get a label printed but the label is missing the first part of the wording if I choose Design = Plain Left in the Assistant or anyone that if justified to the left.
And for any other desing the printing is not correct. Meaning, If I print justified to the Right the wording prints in the middle....

One can notice that the left part of the label is missing when the print preview box display.
Also, how do I set to print on the same label. When I create another label the layout changes to Avery.... Can it set the label type in preferences?

Please help!!!!!
Nick

Postby Nick » March 17th, 2011, 6:29 am

A part of text can be missing because it is printed with an offset leftwards. This can happen if you enter some value into the calibration dialog. Open File > Calibrate Printer and set Horizontal to zero. If it is zero, you can input a positive value to correct the offset. To find out the exact calibration values, calibrate the printer following steps in the Calibration dialog.

When I create another label the layout changes to Avery.... Can it set the label type in preferences?

The default paper layout depends on the way you open it:
1. File > New Label - opens the layout you selected recently.
2. File > New from Assistant : Designs - opens the layout saved in the template document. If you wish to use some design with another layout, save it as a custom template (File > Save As Template).
3. File > New from Assistant : Labels - opens the layout on your choice.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”