Mail Factory now not registered

rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 15th, 2010, 8:46 pm

I have used Mail Factory 2.6.2 for Christmas card envelopes for several years-the only time I ever used it. Frankly it was very tricky to use with my HP printer, but somehow it eventually got done. Now when I open the app it is "not registered", even though I did pay for it and used it. The License Code I have on file doesn't work. Should I just go ahead and get Labels and Addresses? Will it import my Mail addresses from Mac? Does it work on Power PC's? Need an answer asap since this is for Christmas cards! Thanks

Bob Madry
Nick

Postby Nick » December 16th, 2010, 4:07 am

Hi Bob,

Mail Factory doesn't work with Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. If you have an older version, email to support@belightsoft.com and ask to resend you your license code. Since you are working on PPC Mac, Mail Factory will work on your computer.

Labels & Addresses requires Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later. If you would like to use new functionality introduced in Labels & Addresses, you can purchase an upgrade:
http://www.belightsoft.com/labelsaddresses/update/update.php

Labels & Addresses can run on Power PC Macs. And it will import the addresses you have in Mail Factory.

Nick
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 16th, 2010, 7:32 am

I am not using Snow Leopard. I am using 10.5.8 (Leopard) on a computer that has had it installed for 2-3 yrs. Now it is suddenly "not registered"-I don't get it. I am in such a time bind that I will just purchase Labels in a effort to move on but I don't know why my existing program is no longer valid. I do have Snow Leopard on another Mac-will there be a version that works with Snow at some point?
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 16th, 2010, 7:52 am

Just discovered I already have a copy of Labels with a good license code. I'll see how that works. Have always had a problem getting my HP printer to print odd sized envelopes due to paper size errors.
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 16th, 2010, 8:47 am

Still getting paper size error-envelopes are about 51/2 by 71/2. Any ideas?
Nick

Postby Nick » December 17th, 2010, 6:23 am

1. Did you receive any error message? What's there exactly?
2. Can you print on these envelopes using another software?
3. What version of Labels & Addresses are you using?
4. The program has the envelope #4 1/2(Booklet). Did you use this layout?
5. If your printer has a special tray for envelopes and if you use it, try to select the "Load from envelope tray" check box in the print dialog?

Nick
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 19th, 2010, 10:26 am

Solved the problem by specifying "plain pager" in the printer and using the "load from envelope tray" option even though it is a photoprinter and does not have a dedicated envelope tray.

Thanks-only remaining issue is not getting County to print on addresses even though it is seen on the Mail card. Maybe I'll try live chat to solve that issue.
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 19th, 2010, 10:28 am

Oops-no live chat today (Sunday). Need to get these finished and mailed asap so hopefully something will turn up here.
rmadry

Postby rmadry » December 19th, 2010, 10:37 am

Found out I had "suppress country field" checked. Wonder why this option is even there? Worked with it unchecked.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2010, 4:31 am

The Country field can be turned off for domestic mailing. Maybe that check box remains selected from the previous time you used the program.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”