Change Rulers?

beadbutterfly

Change Rulers?

Postby beadbutterfly » February 27th, 2015, 3:15 pm

So far, I am enjoying the L & A experience. I wondered if perhaps there is a way to change the ruler from inches to millimeters, and to have the ruler marked at smaller increments? My label is a custom shape (barbell) that is 40mm x 10mm, and I need to *precisely* place my text.

That brings me to my next question: Is there a way to create a custom template wherein the label shape is outlined on the label as in the predefined "DYMO 30299/11351 Jewelry Labels"?
Thank you!
Nick

Re: Change Rulers?

Postby Nick » February 28th, 2015, 1:12 am

Hi

To choose a different measurement unit for the rulers, use the program Preferences (Cmd-,).

The program doesn't allow you customizing the label shape to create a barbell. You can try one of this.
- Add guidelines to indicate the thinner middle part.
- If you have no content on the Background layer, you can place an image whose outline coincides the actual shape of your label. Before printing, you will need to delete this image.

If your label is compatible with some paper stock you can buy in a shop, please tell its name in order to add it to the program.

Nick
beadbutterfly

Postby beadbutterfly » March 6th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Thank you, I'm muddling through. The label info you asked for are Tyvek labels that can probably be printed on with laser printers, they are blurry with inkjets. I've seen them marketed as Rhino, Elephant and Shark Skin and the paper size is 6x4. The # is TA720 for rectangular ring tags, and TA70 for round ring tags. I get all my other labels from onlinelabelsdotcom. OL875 and OL25 are what I use most often, and I'll be trying their OL916 with waterproof inkjet paper as soon as I get a sample. They have pdf templates of all their styles that you can download, too.

Thank you again for your help!
Nick

Postby Nick » March 7th, 2015, 8:45 am

Thank you for this information!

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”