Can't Print Envelopes

steigw

Can't Print Envelopes

Postby steigw » December 16th, 2014, 3:14 pm

Hello,
I'm running OS X Yosemite and printing to an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. I have my custom envelope size (6x8) created and the recipient information is input.

Each time I try to print, I get a message on the printer that says the paper detected doesn't match the paper size selected.

I don't see how to choose paper size from the printer itself or the HP utility on my iMac. I presumably already chose the paper size within Address & Labels by creating and using the custom envelope size and that exact envelope is in my printer.

Checking the box "Load from envelope tray" doesn't do anything to get it to print. Same error message.

I'd sure appreciate the help in getting this task done! Thank you!
Nick

Re: Can't Print Envelopes

Postby Nick » December 17th, 2014, 7:05 am

Hi,

Please try this (not an instruction but separate issues):
1. In the Print dialog of Labels & Addresses, deactivate "Load from envelope tray" and click on one of Paper Feed buttons that corresponds the way paper aligned in your printer tray (centered or at one of sides).

2. In the system Print dialog, set Presets to Default Settings.

3. The system Print dialog should have options to select the media format. To find it, click on the Layout popup menu and look through the all available sets of settings. The printer Manual says that the 6x8 inch format is supported.

4. Make sure that envelopes are loaded into Tray 1 as the Manual requires. The system Print dialog usually has the Paper Feed section, try to print with Auto Select and Tray 1 options.

5. Try to load plain paper into the printer and print your envelope. Will it work?

6. If your printer is connected to the computer over WiFi or network, try to connect it using an USB cable. Will it work?

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”