Import from Apple Contacts & Mail Merge

cdaleyart

Import from Apple Contacts & Mail Merge

Postby cdaleyart » December 1st, 2014, 2:13 pm

I've updated to v1.6.9 because this version is "supposed" to work with Yosemetie. I am having problems importing from Apple's contacts, it's only importing the names in 50% of the cases. I'm also having problems with mail merge. I made up a list for merging once and now that is the only list that it will allow. I've tried quitting and reopening the program several times and still get the same results. Appreciate any help you can advise.
T.I.A.
Cdaleyart
Nick

Re: Import from Apple Contacts & Mail Merge

Postby Nick » December 2nd, 2014, 7:25 am

Hi Cdaleyart,

How did you verify that only name were imported?
Have you made sure that the affected contacts have more details in Contacts.app ?
Did you import contacts directly (Address Book was selected in the left panel), or using the MyRecipients or PrintList database? If not directly, try this way and see if there is any difference.

Please send a sample contact that doesn't show up completely to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic. I will try to reproduce the problem on our test computer.

To send a contact, drag it from Contacts to your Desktop. Check if the problem repeats with it this way. In Labels & Addresses, select vCard File as the data source in the left panel, and choose the created *.vcf file. If the problem repeats when you select this contact, email it to me.

The problem with Print Lists.
Did you mean that in the Print List Editor, you cannot add a new print list by clicking on the + button? Or you can create several print lists but cannot select any but one?

Nick
cdaleyart

Postby cdaleyart » December 5th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Hi There!
I figured out where I was going wrong on the print list issue but am still having problems with Apple Contacts (see attached).
I did try exporting from Contacts and importing V-Card into Labels and Addresses and got the same results!
T.I.A.
Cdaleyart
Nick

Postby Nick » December 7th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Hi Cdaleyart,

Unfortunately I cannot see any attachments. Please send what you wanted to show to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”