Missing Value. Please help

arun

Missing Value. Please help

Postby arun » September 16th, 2014, 5:36 am

I'm trying to print labels and for some of mailing address there is a line where i have text and for some addresses there is no text. On the app for those that do not have any text it shows as "missing value" and it prints as missing value on the labels hard copy.
Is there a way to hide "missing value" where necessary? Instead of deleting it one by one. I'm attaching a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-09-16 16.03.38.png
Screenshot 2014-09-16 16.03.38.png (46.76 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Nick

Re: Missing Value. Please help

Postby Nick » September 16th, 2014, 7:35 am

Hi

According to our records, such problems happen when data is imported from Apple Numbers. Each "missing value" corresponds to an empty sell of the spreadsheet. For a workaround, it can be helpful to export data to a text file, and import from this file.

What is the data source for your label?

Nick
arun

Postby arun » September 16th, 2014, 10:21 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes you are correct each missing value is corresponding to an empty cell in numbers document. My data source is Numbers (ver 3.2.2)

I did not have this problem when i used last time, probably a year ago. I've used the same numbers app, same file, but may be the older version of numbers.

I appreciate your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 17th, 2014, 4:48 am

Hi

This has begun to happen since Numbers got updated. I've informed the developers about the problem.

Nick
theogluck

Postby theogluck » December 6th, 2014, 3:10 pm

this is PRECISELY my problem as well. I am comfortably certain that I had used Numbers 3.2.2 last year without this being an issue but maybe I am not aware as to when it was updated? I will try the text export and see if that helps
theogluck

Postby theogluck » December 6th, 2014, 3:14 pm

well the problem is Numbers 3.2.2 doesn't have an Export to Text file option or am I missing something here?
theogluck

Postby theogluck » December 6th, 2014, 3:48 pm

OK -next update: I did export my Numbers file as a .csv Excel file. Next I went back into L&A and chose Text File as my Recipients and navigated to the .csv file and that seems to have done the trick. I had to tweak one or two of teh entries but it all worked and no more "missing values"

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”