Importing from Numbers

JimMcKay

Postby JimMcKay » November 7th, 2013, 5:10 pm

My system has been updated to the new versions of both numbers and Mavericks.

When I try to import a file I had previously used I am advised the Labels cannot open the file and that I should correct any errors.
I have tried saving the file as a Numbers 09 format but with no joy.
Can you suggest anything.

Jim
Nick

Postby Nick » November 8th, 2013, 3:29 am

Hi Jim,

Apple has has removed support of AppleScript used for communication between Numbers and Labels & Addresses. Export your spreadsheet as a CSV file. In Labels & Addresses, import this file as a text file. In the import dialog, make sure that Comma is selected as the Delimiter.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » November 8th, 2013, 4:43 am

It seems that Apple is going to return AppleScript to Numbers in the future:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6049

Nick
theogluck

Postby theogluck » December 14th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Nick - I just followed the steps as outlined above to make a CSV and then reimport as a text file. That all worked just fine except that when I click on any given name in the column of recipients I see nothing in the label field. I even watched the on-line video tutorials (very good, by the way) and I have followed all of the steps but the addresses are not populating any screen nor do they appear in the print dialog. The print diagnostics indicate that it will need four piece of paper/label sheets, but there are no thumbnails of any of the data
Nick

Postby Nick » December 16th, 2013, 3:22 am

Hi theogluck,

Did you link data fields from your CSV file with data fields of Labels & Addresses? I mean step 4 in Help:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/LAHelp/import_text_excel.html
If this is done correctly, names from imported contacts should appear in the left panel? Can you see them?
To show an address on your label or envelope, you need to add an address panel or individual data fields. Then select one of contacts. Did you do this? Did contact details appear in the corresponding fields?

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”