Editing name-badges

paieye

Postby paieye » August 24th, 2013, 11:54 am

I am trying to create name-badges, using Labels & Addresses. I have created the appropriate Group in Contacts. I have created a template of the simplest imaginable name-badges -- First Name, then Last Name, both with fonts, sizes &c.

When I carry out Printer Merge, however, a few of the surnames, which I had forgotten were double-barrelled, will not fit.

I have tried every means of which I can think to overcome this, without success.

The only work-around that I can find is to use a much smaller font for the Last Names, but that may mean that only those with the keenest eye-sight are able to read them without being rather closer to the badge-wearer than some of us would think decorous.

What is the answer ?
paieye

Postby paieye » August 25th, 2013, 3:52 am

That is not all. Try though I will, the software resolutely ignores any newly-imported Groups, and persists in printing the 1st Group that I imported.

Just at the moment, I am heartily sick of this software, and regret having spent even £1 on it.
paieye

Postby paieye » August 25th, 2013, 6:46 am

I have finally sorted this out, but only after hours and hours of struggling with this over-complicated application.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 25th, 2013, 10:34 am

There aren't many ways to deal with double-barreled family name. One of options is to give it more space by choosing a larges badge size, or by placing it in a separate line. Another option is to make the name take less space. This can be done by using a more dence font, or decreasing the font size. As you have noted the last three methods can affect the redability.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”