Problems printing with Brother P-Touch QL 560

andreasauwaerter

Postby andreasauwaerter » May 11th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Hi and first thank you all for bein active in this forum and hopefully i can contribute to it instead of only asking silly questions.

But I am starting with a problem here: I own a brother label printer and want to use L&A at first to design nice folder labels in my soho and university office.

For this reason I use the 62mm endless labels.

Therefore i used L&A with those settings and realised the standard settings are set to 62mm * 100.

Plazing with customs sizes (setting with to 210 which is what i would like to have) ended in printing "nothing" or the page orientation was set wrong.

Where is my fault here? Any tips and tricks a) to be sure the right page orientation in the application and the page orientation on the printer menu) are in line? The life preview in the printer dialogue seems to be confsued too.
BTW - Working on Mounain lion with up to date drivers and the bundled p-touch editor application works fine.
Regards
Andreas
Nick

Postby Nick » May 12th, 2013, 5:43 am

Hi Andreas,

It seems to be a bug, not your fault. On my computer, a label with default dimensions is shown correctly in the print preview. With larger width, the content is still present but partially shifted about side the label.

If your task allows this, try to print labels with default size.

What versions of Labels & Addresses and Mac OS are on your computer?

Nick
andreasauwaerter

Postby andreasauwaerter » May 12th, 2013, 10:09 am

Hi Nick - first thanx for your quick answer.
The vesions i Use: L&A 164 v472 (Mac App Store Version Germany) on OSX 10.8.3.
Unfortunally it is not able to use the default settings for me. But i will take a look if there are new drivers for the Brother QL 560 out. Maybe there's one part of the problem.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 12th, 2013, 10:49 am

On Monday, I'll discuss this problem with our programmers. Maybe we will find a workaround for you.

Nick
andreasauwaerter

Postby andreasauwaerter » May 12th, 2013, 2:30 pm

This would be very fine.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 13th, 2013, 5:39 am

Hi Andreas,

Please try this. Select the Brother Continuous Length Tape that is of 62 mm width and try to print one label with the default dimensions (62x95 mm). If this works, we can create a new (temporary) paper template of the size you need.

Nick
andreasauwaerter

Postby andreasauwaerter » May 17th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Hi Nick - sorry for the long answer break. I was on Work'nRoad Travel. Well the 62mm label selected inside the Brother ptouch-ql-560 prints the label in default dimensions and the result is full ok. Therefore it's promising getting a temp label with the size for Folder binder labels in: 62*192 mm as well as one with the small size 29*192mm. Would this be possible?
Nick

Postby Nick » May 18th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Yes, it is possible. I'll be able to do this on the next Monday.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » May 20th, 2013, 4:04 am

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”